HOW ABOUT A CASE 1845C ??

/ HOW ABOUT A CASE 1845C ?? #1  

ric

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 245DT and 175F
Been looking at Case, Deere and NH skid steers.

I have it narrowed down to a Case 1845C.

Deere and NH seem to be built for lifting given the arm design and less for digging which is what I will need this for more than anything. Dealers are not close by either which is another issue. The price on a new or used Deere is just too high. Deere and NH seems to also wear out arm and joint pins quickly due to the way the arms are designed. Plus, the arms tend to wiggle from side to side and bang the heck out of the cab.

The Case appears to built for digging, then lifting. Plus you can easily see out the back and I do like the hand controls better than the hand and foot controls.

Anything else I need to consider?

Thanks in advance for your input.

ric

/ HOW ABOUT A CASE 1845C ?? #2  
I like the 1845C. The ones I've driven have been easy to love and they've worked like dawgs.

One of the things I've learned with my JCB is digging with the bucket is easier if you don't rely on bringing the boom to bottom and then using bucket tilt. If you lift the bucket a couple to four inches off of bottom and then tilt the bucket you will find it will dig bigtime. Today I was cutting wash out (wash out is the stuff they get out back at the plant from concrete trucks). With the boom on bottom and tilting the bucket until the front wheels were off the ground I couldn't cut it. But using the old lift and tilt method I would dig until I killed the motor or almost.

Don't ask me why, it just works.

/ HOW ABOUT A CASE 1845C ?? #3  
That's a good choice the 1845 is a good machine with (in my opinion) a great engine, but it could be better if it had replaceable liners, I just rebuilt one of those 4-cyl Cummins out of a Dresser dozer, the guy spent $4500 with me parts and labor but had to have a head and the block had to be bored and sleeved which ran the cost up alot, he had a nasty habit of using ether, personally I dont care for the hand controls, but thats just me I've got used to operating with hands and feet Bobcat style, anyway I think you've made an excellent choice you should get many hours of use and enjoyment from it.

/ HOW ABOUT A CASE 1845C ??
Have not made the final decision yet, thats tonight after our second test drive. If I don't buy this unit I'd probably still buy a Case. Sure like these units.

This unit has a remanned engine from Case. The original engine blew up at 3500 hours. The Case dealer made the decision to replace the engine. Runs great has 6 hours on it now. Needs tires, but thats in the deal. Also this may include a 4in1 but that needs worked out. The dealer also certified the drive train is in good shape and not in need of repair.

This has been serviced regularly and is a 1 owner unit purchased new in 1994. Starts, runs and sounds good. The best unit I've seen in my price range in a long time. The hand controls were easy to pick up.

Amazing how tight this unit feels for something that been used 350+- hours per year since 1994. I'll never use this as much as 350 hours per year so it should hold up well, plus I'll only be on dirt or grass, no concrete or asphalt.

Thanks for the feedback.

ric