How agriculture works thread

/ How agriculture works thread #581  
Baling with a great sounding Fastrac 3185 and Krone Big Pack 1290 HDP in the UK.

@Hay Dude

That was fun to watch. Looked to me like he was really moving. I wish they'd shown some of the loading of the bales. That was also a nice looking rig.

/ How agriculture works thread #582  
That was fun to watch. Looked to me like he was really moving. I wish they'd shown some of the loading of the bales. That was also a nice looking rig.
He may show a little more of that on a later video though but he has a lot more videos with similar setups on his channel.

/ How agriculture works thread #583  
I saw this - an upgrade to the old Unisystem. Think this time it will stick around?

/ How agriculture works thread #584  
I saw this - an upgrade to the old Unisystem. Think this time it will stick around?
That's a pretty wild machine. I'd like to have seen more video of it maneuvering and deploying it's tracks from straight ahead drive to sideways operation.

/ How agriculture works thread
Question,, and why did the New Idea Uni-system fail? I looked for a good video describing this system and couldn't locate a good one.

Last edited:
   / How agriculture works thread #586  
Hay Price Check...

3-wire bale 85% grass 15% Alfalfa $36 in SF Bay cash and carry... not delivered.

/ How agriculture works thread #587  
Question,, and why did the New Idea Uni-system fail? I looked for a good video describing this system and couldn't locate a good one.
Simple - the only piece of equipment that was special was their self propelled corn picker and who picks corn anymore?

/ How agriculture works thread #588  
Very territory oriented. No straw here is used in that method that I am aware of. We have a lot of Cattle here. 4.35M in the State with most of them being in the Northern end where I am. Very few large rounds of straw baled each year. Mostly used for mulch. Small squares are of value for small operation bedding.
Lots of straw used here ground up in TMR.
Bedding is usually shavings or sand for dairy cows.
Some though are putting down foam mats for bedding.

Aaron Z

/ How agriculture works thread #590  
Hay Price Check...

3-wire bale 85% grass 15% Alfalfa $36 in SF Bay cash and carry... not delivered.

:unsure:
Opportunity knocks. Thats like almost a buck a pound.
Ultra you need to get youself a small square baler and get goin