How agriculture works thread

/ How agriculture works thread
The starter for their Mercedes powered machine was $2700. They did find a aftermarket and get it running. Ya, farming is easy and cheap.

/ How agriculture works thread #612  
I've read studies of increased amount of carbohydrates in crops of more recent years, as compared to crops from years past. The conclusion was the quantity of crops has gone up over the years, but the quality has actually gone down.

/ How agriculture works thread #613  
It is interesting to note that despite the obvious short coming they still believe the make more money with no-till. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they could get through to never-till so they could obtain the real advantages?
Farmers are very conservative by nature. Not all, but most. Changing their way of doing things can happen, but they are usually approach any type of change with an initial degree skepticism, understandably so.

/ How agriculture works thread #614  
Farmers are very conservative by nature. Not all, but most. Changing their way of doing things can happen, but they are usually approach any type of change with an initial degree skepticism, understandably so.
Absolutely - this is their life plan they are betting on not just a side bet - it is a huge decision and long term commitment to make it work properly. It is very hard to go against what you have been taught your whole life especially when it takes years to be absolutely sure you were right.

/ How agriculture works thread #615  
Its because mother nature/God is in charge, not us.

/ How agriculture works thread #616  
My grandfather had a saying... two farmers went to lawyers over a cow...

When all was said and done both farmers lost and the lawyers ate well...

/ How agriculture works thread #617  
The starter for their Mercedes powered machine was $2700. They did find a aftermarket and get it running. Ya, farming is easy and cheap.
Just an observation. I wonder how many less people would watch that video if the picture that you click on didn't contain an attractive young female?

/ How agriculture works thread #618  
Just an observation. I wonder how many less people would watch that video if the picture that you click on didn't contain an attractive young female?
Marketing. :)

/ How agriculture works thread #619  
Better than an ugly old fat man.

/ How agriculture works thread #620  
Better than an ugly old fat man.
Her dad has had his own channel. Doesn't do nearly as well, iirc.

Ive known a lot of farm/ranch women who work as hard or harder than the men in the operation. The difference is that the ones I know look like female versions of most of the farmers. Weathered is a word that might work.