How agriculture works thread

/ How agriculture works thread #901  
Yes it does sound excellent. Hope my M9's sound that good with that many hours on them. If I was the operator I would have the blade yoke up a tad bit higher however.

/ How agriculture works thread #902  
Laura farms did a nice video about fixing a pivot and getting there JD S780 combine ready.

Glad I don't have the payment book...lol Farmers around here are in a world of hurt. Most all the field corn has black fungus so it's really not marketable. My buddy with the seed operation is almost continually spraying his with ultra high buck deterrents.

/ How agriculture works thread #903  
Yes it does sound excellent. Hope my M9's sound that good with that many hours on them. If I was the operator I would have the blade yoke up a tad bit higher however.
That engine was overhauled once and they increase the HP from the factory 110HP to 140HP. The undercarriage was also replaced once. Accordingly to the description of the video.

/ How agriculture works thread #904  
ptsg--Great video.
How deep do you think he ripping? Is that an extremely dry climate and no fear of runoff in rain? What about losing soil moisture if a dry climate?
What crops grow in that area? What soil type is that?

/ How agriculture works thread #905  
ptsg--Great video.
How deep do you think he ripping? Is that an extremely dry climate and no fear of runoff in rain? What about losing soil moisture if a dry climate?
What crops grow in that area? What soil type is that?
I tried to find the specs on the subsoiler but with no avail. He is not going full depth though, I'm guess around 3 ft? Maybe more, maybe less?

This work was done somewhere in Italy. While we're having a severe drought all over southern European countries, that area may not be the worst one.

They may run a disc next and then seed it eventually.

/ How agriculture works thread #906  
I tried to find the specs on the subsoiler but with no avail. He is not going full depth though, I'm guess around 3 ft? Maybe more, maybe less?

This work was done somewhere in Italy. While we're having a severe drought all over southern European countries, that area may not be the worst one.

They may run a disc next and then seed it eventually.
Thank you. What a great sounding engine and good looking dozer.

/ How agriculture works thread
The Sonne farm guy out baling. I'd not seen how there three bale carriers worked and he shows how in this video. Kinda neat. All my family members are NW of here.

/ How agriculture works thread
These guys are cutting green, high moisture corn and bagging it. Never knew how this was done.

/ How agriculture works thread #909  
The Sonne farm guy out baling. I'd not seen how there three bale carriers worked and he shows how in this video. Kinda neat. All my family members are NW of here.
Looked into them. They don't make them 5' baler compatible. Would be very handy for grouping bales or not having to dump on the hills. Bent a tie rod this year stopping a bale. First time ever having damage done from stopping a bale and I have baled A LOT of hill acreage.
These guys are cutting green, high moisture corn and bagging it. Never knew how this was done.
Bags are great for separating feed. Really need a nice base. Dirt makes those bags miserable during the mud season.

/ How agriculture works thread #910  
That they do, we go through a dozen bags or more per year on the farm.