How are these new case-ih tractors???

/ How are these new case-ih tractors??? #1  

Phillip w

Platinum Member
Tractor
allis Chalmers 185 and massey ferguson 1531
I have been around the old 30 and 70 series case tractors. I have been around the old "m", the ih 560 and 806. After the case-ih merger, how rugged an reliable are these new new case-ih tractors? I am looking for something 25-40 hp, four wheel drive with a front end under. What kind of trouble are you the owners experiencing. How well is case-ih and the dealers standing behind there tractors. Any recalls? Anyone noticing weak components, front ends, hydrostatic drives, etc. Anyone have a model they can recommend? I am open to all brand's except a couple.

/ How are these new case-ih tractors??? #2  
Most people like the brand they own the best.

Here are my views on CUT brands ...

Kubota ........ The Gold Standard $$$$
John Deere ...The Green Standard $$$$
Case-IH/New Holland.....Bronze Medal (now built by LS, I liked the Shibauras better)
Massey Ferguson ...... Your father's Oldsmobile
Kioti/LS....Up and Comers - Good Value
Yanmar.....Back in the game. On par with Kubota with knowledge of building tractors & engines
Mahindra ..... Good Value, Beefy, but quality??
TYM/Branson - Will both be around in 5-10 years?
McCormick ..... Dead Man Walking?

"And then the fight began" :wink: :stirthepot:

Last edited:
   / How are these new case-ih tractors???
Thanks airbiscuit. I notices it looks like you have a new Holland. I was kind of steering clear of new Holland. I had a dealer mechanic tell me the were having quite a few issues. Is yours holding up good?

/ How are these new case-ih tractors???
P.s. now built by LS, who is LS???

/ How are these new case-ih tractors??? #5  
Airbiscuit, liked the commentary. "MF-Your father's Oldsmobile" just cracked me up. LS stands for Leading Solution out of Korea. Best of luck on your search.

/ How are these new case-ih tractors??? #6  
Thanks airbiscuit. I notices it looks like you have a new Holland. I was kind of steering clear of new Holland. I had a dealer mechanic tell me the were having quite a few issues. Is yours holding up good?

I have had 2 New Hollands. Quietly, the mechanics will tell you they liked the Shibaura built ones better. That said, LS owners seem to be pretty happy with their tractors.

/ How are these new case-ih tractors??? #7  
New Holland is the same tractor as CIH, in other words owned by Fiat...

When it comes to all of these little tractors, it comes down to, who do you want to support? Korea, Mexico, India, Japan, China, Poland, Italy, Russia, or ?.

You get some assembly in the US, but none are actually "built" here...

SR