How best to unload wood chips?

/ How best to unload wood chips? #31  
My local county yard offers "pull offs". Here is what we do.

First you take a rope and tie it to your bumper. I modified the process by tying both ends to the bumper to make a loop, which I lay through the bed and toss over the cab of the truck. You then lay a tarp in the bed of the truck. You could plop down a 4x8 sheet of plywood first if you felt so inclined. You then fill the truck making sure everything goes in the tarp. Lay another tarp over the top when you are done and tie it down. I find having the bottom and top tarps overlap makes a no-blow cover which saves on the traffic fines. Pull the top top off and hook the rope to a front loader and have it back up. Do remember to open the tailgate or you are in for a supprize. The whole load comes out of the truck and lies there on the ground behind the truck. A modification if you don't have a full size front loader is to tie the rope to a tree (tie it high if you can) and drive away.

I have had them pull over 2000 pounds of yard waste out of my truck that way and nary a problem. Only time I had a problem was after three years in the sun the UV broke the rope down and it got brittle and broke. A quick splice and they pulled the load out and they got to keep the rope /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There are plenty of high tech solutions but the basic pull off with a rope that the local gardeners use seems to work well.

/ How best to unload wood chips? #32  
Take some old tires space them in the bed and chain them together and run the end of the chain out the back.Hook the chain up and give it a good pull