How can i do this??????

/ How can i do this?????? #1  

rtdiggr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1433v
I am not even sure if this is possible. I have a MF 1433v it has a power beyond port that is used for my BH.
What i would like to do is add a Hydraulic top link.
So here is my ??????? Can i take that power beyond and go into a valve that i can use a top link and still have the bh hoses in use?
I would like two separate connections 1 for the BH which gets connected together when not in use. And the other for a top link with a valve [with a lever].
My other thought was to go into a manifold then connect the BH the same way it is now then the other side of the manifold go to a valve for the top link, I just dont want to create an octopus down there.

I hope this???? isn't to confusing, I know what i want, it is just hard to explain.

Thanks Shane

/ How can i do this?????? #2  
Okay, I'll try to remember how you worded everything.

It is possible to keep your current connections for the backhoe. However there would be significantly more work to leave them and an additional valve for a toplink ect. I would just find the correct valve that you could plug in place of the backhoe valve. Using the valve for the toplink and the backhoe at the same time, though possible, would probably be unlikely. It can be done but would the cost of the extra adapters, diverter valve, hose, fittings.... be worth the one time it would be nice to use?

/ How can i do this?????? #3  
If I understand your system right and what you are trying to do, you could go from the PB port to another valve, for the top link, with PB then to your BH. I take it when "1 for the BH which gets connected together when not in use" means the BH valve bank stays with the BH when it is removed and the 2 hoses that get hooked together are the pressure and return meaning it is an open center system.

DRL

/ How can i do this??????
yes all the controls are with the backhoe, so i do need an independant valve. The BH and the toplink don't get used together.
Maybe i should go into a valve then link off of that? ie don't go into a manifold, then split.
Thanks for the responses so far.

Shane

/ How can i do this?????? #5  
Use the current supply to the backhoe to feed a new power beyond capable spool valve that will control the hydraulic top link. You may choose to buy a two spool valve so you have future options to run an additional cylinder. Connect the 'out' port of the new valve to the tractor's reservior. Set up a connection from the new valve's PB port to feed the backhoe. Done.

Thanks RickB i read your post about 10 times to make sure i understand.
So i would like a 2 spool valve.
Just so i understand My PB port goes to my new valve,
My new valve will be able to run 2 cylinders.

Here is the question My BH when in use requires continous flow, is there valve that allows this? Does a 2 spool valve have the abilty stay in the "open" postion?

QUOTE "Set up a connection from the new valve's PB port to feed the backhoe. Done."
RickB this last statment draws another question will this new valve have 2 spools AND a PB port.
Aren't hydralics fun:confused: :confused: :confused: Hydraulic stuff is expensive so i only want to do this once.

Thanks for any info Shane

/ How can i do this?????? #7  
A more accurate description for the valve you would need is an 'open center, power beyond capable two spool valve'. With both spools of the new 2 spool valve in the neutral position, oil will flow directly through this valve to your backhoe valve. Yes, the new valve would have two spools and a power beyond port. Make sure the seller of that valve understands you need the 'power beyond sleeve' or whatever term they use for the actual fitting required to make the valve a functional power beyond unit. This small part may be optional to the valve.

Thanks RickB this helps out and of course this is why we ask ???????s

Thanks Shane

/ How can i do this?????? #9  
For the record, the "return" or "exhaust" from both valvebodies (loader valve, and two spool rear remote valve) may be T'd where they return to your sump. This is the ONLY place you can have a "T" in your system.

The advice you have gotten is very good. From pump to loader valve.... exhaust to sump, PBY to rear remote valves. Rear remote valve "exhaust" to sump. Rear remote PBY to backhoe QC..... out of bachhoe QC to 3 point hitch.

Okay thanks Ducktape i read your post over and over i think i got it.
I will admit hydraulics are not my strong suit, but i am will to learn.

Thanks again guys.

Any recommendations on the 2 spool valve i could use.

Shane