How did I know .....

/ How did I know ..... #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
.... to look in that drawer for that thing that I haven't seen in years?

A little bag of specialty screws. Ones that came with some other item years ago. Stuffed them away ... just in case, not knowing if the day would ever come.

/ How did I know ..... #2  
.... to look in that drawer for that thing that I haven't seen in years?

A little bag of specialty screws. Ones that came with some other item years ago. Stuffed them away ... just in case, not knowing if the day would ever come.
I too am afflicted with that particular trait, been saving a collection of weird nuts, bolts, screws and all kinds of washers for too many years to tell. A few weeks ago my son brought this old high end cappuccino/expresso machine into my shop looking to reassemble it. Handed him the containers and he found what he needed. He was like why do you have this ****.

/ How did I know ..... #3  
I just ran across a bag of 10 steel rivets, 1/8" diameter, 1/4" long in a McMaster-Carr bag.
I have no idea what they are for.

/ How did I know ..... #4  
This is why I have this setup. I organize them generally by type (1/4, 5/16, 3/8 bolts, pointed screws, tapping screws, lags, nuts, washers, etc, etc. I dump it out on a harbor freight sorting tray, find what I need, and dump it back in for another day.

It’s in a rotating file cabinet. Other side is where I park my corded & cordless power tools. Larger items go in drawers to the right.

IMG_6009.jpg

/ How did I know ..... #5  
Nice looking storage drawers. I have something like. The biggest box is the assortment of the sizes that DID NOT make it back to the correct place. They all look like Grade 8 - or it is the yellow color.