How did you meet your spouse.

/ How did you meet your spouse. #61  
When I was about 14 or 15 years old, I remember going to my dad's uncle and aunt's 50th anniversary celebration. About 5 or 6 years later, they divorced.
My brother who has been married almost 50 yes told his short obese obnoxious wife to go live somewhere else. I've know her for forty years and I don't know how he made it this long. 😂

By the way he still considers himself married to her.

Last edited:
   / How did you meet your spouse. #62  
We both met on vacation at the ocean. You could say I caught the best catch of my life! It'll be 30 yrs May 11th! And yes, where has the time gone!
You are fortunate!
Not all ocean catches are keepers!
Also at the ocean, I caught what I always thought was a keeper, but after 34 years, she swam away to be with a fishy friend of mine.
I live by the ocean, but I am now too frightened to fish!
I nearly got dragged under by that fish!

/ How did you meet your spouse. #63  
You are fortunate!
Not all ocean catches are keepers!
Also at the ocean, I caught what I always thought was a keeper, but after 34 years, she swam away to be with a fishy friend of mine.
I live by the ocean, but I am now too frightened to fish!
I nearly got dragged under by that fish!
Sorry to hear about that. Good chance she's going to wish she never did jump ship.

If my wife ever did that she would never be welcome back. And if any of my kids supported her I wouldn't have anything to do with them either.

Had a friend whose 82 yo mother divorced his father while he was in the hospital with cancer (sometime in 2006). He never talked to her again and she died about 10 yrs ago.

/ How did you meet your spouse. #64  
If my wife ever did that she would never be welcome back. And if any of my kids supported her I wouldn't have anything to do with them either.
I get not wanting anything to do with a spouse that ran off, but to disown one of your kids because they chose to remain close to their mother is beyond petty.

/ How did you meet your spouse. #65  
Sorry to hear about that. Good chance she's going to wish she never did jump ship.

Had a friend whose 82 yo mother divorced his father while he was in the hospital with cancer (sometime in 2006). He never talked to her again and she died about 10 yrs ago.
Your comment is particularly interesting to me.
After my Ex dumped me for her boyfriend, (my good friend) she then dumped him, and wanted to come back.
I flatly refused!
Two years later she married a different guy, who had divorced his wife while she was dying of Cancer.
I am very pleased that they found each other.
My three adult children detest the guy, and the stories they tell me just make me smile.

/ How did you meet your spouse. #66  
I get not wanting anything to do with a spouse that ran off, but to disown one of your kids because they chose to remain close to their mother is beyond petty.
If my wife ran off with another dude and my kids supported it I would have no problem tell them to their face that they can go pound sand along with their mother. The reason why divorces are so prevalent is that very few people treat it like a stigma.

My wife and I took a solemn vow to remain married until death do us part. I could live with my wife having an one time affair as long as she realized she was wrong.

/ How did you meet your spouse. #67  
Your comment is particularly interesting to me.
After my Ex dumped me for her boyfriend, (my good friend) she then dumped him, and wanted to come back.
I flatly refused!
Two years later she married a different guy, who had divorced his wife while she was dying of Cancer.
I am very pleased that they found each other.
My three adult children detest the guy, and the stories they tell me just make me smile.

Hopefully your kids detest their mother too.

/ How did you meet your spouse. #68  
Hopefully your kids detest their mother too.
No my children don't.
They know what she is, but she is still their mother, and was a good mother to them.
I am sorta Ok with that.

I have been known to refer to her as the wretched ****, (there were 8 total guys) but I never use that description in the presence of my children.
Remember: You can pick your nose...but you cannot pick your mother.

Last edited:
   / How did you meet your spouse. #70  
Remember: You can pick your nose...but you cannot pick your mother.

Nice adaptation but for those that care, I do believe the CORRECT version is “ you can pick your nose , but you can’t pick your mother’s nose.”

Sorry Moss, back on track. I met my wife at her staff Christmas party.

Last edited: