How do i remove the cab roof on my NH TN70D?

/ How do i remove the cab roof on my NH TN70D? #1  

tmc_31

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TN70D, NH L190
Hey guys,

I am having trouble with my air conditioning on my 2000 New Holland TN70D tractor. The fan is not blowing much air. I think the evaporator is either clogged up or a piece of insulation has fallen down between the fan and the evaporator. This problem has just recently cropped up, not like it has been getting steadily worse over a long period of time.

To be honest, I am not sure weather it would be best to access the evaporator through the roof or through the headliner. Getting to it through the roof seems like it would be easier.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

/ How do i remove the cab roof on my NH TN70D? #2  
Roof can't come off until the headliner is out. Another Fiat engineering victory.

/ How do i remove the cab roof on my NH TN70D?
Dang Rick,

That really wasn't the answer I was looking for:)

Tim

Well Rick,

Your were right. I talked to my dealer service dept this morning. He said that the headliner has to come out for the roof to come off. The roof has to come off to get to the evaporator. He said that they would charge $200.00 to clean out the evaporator, so...

Have an appt for Thursday

Tim

/ How do i remove the cab roof on my NH TN70D? #5  
Well Rick,

Your were right. I talked to my dealer service dept this morning. He said that the headliner has to come out for the roof to come off. The roof has to come off to get to the evaporator. He said that they would charge $200.00 to clean out the evaporator, so...

Have an appt for Thursday

Tim

I wasn't real worried about being incorrect about that.

Ha, I'm sure you weren't. I suspect I was far more worried about you being correct.

/ How do i remove the cab roof on my NH TN70D? #8  
Let me know what your service dept. finds (found), Tim. I have a 2003 TN70D. Last spring the condensation drains got plugged up and and caused wetness on the headliner, and it seemed like the fan wasn't delivering enough air. I looked for an easy way in, but decided against that quickly. I was able to feed a length of wire up the tubes from outside and got them draining again. I also needed to add a little refrigerant and thought that was going to be the beginning of an expensive problem, but everything has been OK since. I'd still like to get in there to do some cleaning.

John