How do I remove the plastic covers on the control levers?

/ How do I remove the plastic covers on the control levers? #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
Like to slide the orange and yellow plastic covers off the control levers.
What's the secret to sliding them off?

/ How do I remove the plastic covers on the control levers? #2  
Do you have a photo of them? Not sure I understand what you are saying...

/ How do I remove the plastic covers on the control levers? #3  
The knobs for the controls on your B7800? They are held on with friction if the shaft is rectangular or screwed on if the shaft is round.

Aaron Z

/ How do I remove the plastic covers on the control levers?
The plastic grips that are insert on the top of the levers for the 3ph, 4wd, hydro HML .

/ How do I remove the plastic covers on the control levers? #5  
The control levers on mine are made of rectangular flat stock. Pull hard enough and they will slide off. Try "walking" them off a little bit from each end over and over until they are free.

/ How do I remove the plastic covers on the control levers? #6  
I think he means the plasti-dipped ones (what I have for rear remotes).

levers.jpg

It isn't intended to be removed. If you find a way to do it without damage, please let us know. Would be handy for maintenance, but other than a razor, I've no idea how it could be done.

/ How do I remove the plastic covers on the control levers? #7  
These are instructions for My Kioti, whethere this will work on your Kubota is up to you.

Get a rather largish Crescent adjustable wrench. Adjust the jaws so that they just clear the shaft and come up from below the push on plastic "knob". Pull up on the wrench and the knob will push off from the bottom. The more you pull on a knob like that with your fingers the tighter it becomes. They must be pushed off from the bottom. The square jaws of the wrench is the correct tool.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...nsion-control-valve-lever.html?highlight=knob

removing knob with wrench.jpg

/ How do I remove the plastic covers on the control levers?
That worked...thanks!

The control levers on mine are made of rectangular flat stock. Pull hard enough and they will slide off. Try "walking" them off a little bit from each end over and over until they are free.