Backhoe How do you dig a trench with a CUT backhoe?

/ How do you dig a trench with a CUT backhoe? #31  
Ok so I have to dig trenches. I already dug one, and managed to get myself stuck.

I think my machine with BH, Loader, & Loaded Rear Tires weight 7800lbs. I always saw people digging by straddling the trench. No matter what i need a way to cross this trench. So if i straddle it, then i can't really get off it unless i use my hoe to crab myself to the right or left moving the rear tires - not sure if i should be doing this or not.

The other option i saw on here somewhere was dig from the left side, then dig from the right side, then back up to the trench where it isn't dug out yet and connect it by just backing the tractor up to the trench and using the hoe at 180*.

I'm really just asking to see how you all do it.
If you have a 7800 lb backhoe pick It up and set it over. It won't hurt it unless it is just a 3 point hoe on a bigger tractor. If it has a sub frame it will handle it.

/ How do you dig a trench with a CUT backhoe?
If you have a 7800 lb backhoe pick It up and set it over. It won't hurt it unless it is just a 3 point hoe on a bigger tractor. If it has a sub frame it will handle it.
Yea it’s a subframe backhoe

/ How do you dig a trench with a CUT backhoe? #33  
Yea what your saying is fine ... but imagine u have to dig a trench from one lake, to another lake ... u cant exit into the lake!

its the "exit" that im looking for advice on
I start at one lake, don't actually dig into the lake as the water will follow you as you dig the whole trench. Continue to next lake leaving enough room to drive off the trench path. Then dig out the last bit at 180 of the trench. Less angle is beter if you can do it. When completed, go back to Start point and finish at lake #1.

/ How do you dig a trench with a CUT backhoe?
I start at one lake, don't actually dig into the lake as the water will follow you as you dig the whole trench. Continue to next lake leaving enough room to drive off the trench path. Then dig out the last bit at 180 of the trench. Less angle is beter if you can do it. When completed, go back to Start point and finish at lake #1.
This is likely what I’ll do

/ How do you dig a trench with a CUT backhoe? #35  
He doesn't need to do that since he's installing a drain pipe/culvert:
Its actually an open trench ... which will have a pipe in it as well for crossing. but only in one section open trench > pipe > open trench
That makes it a lot easier. Dig from one end to beyond where the pipe will go. Lay the pipe and cover it so you can cross over at will. Then dig from the other end back to the pipe.

He can leave a small section at either end so the trench doesn't fill with water, but it doesn't need to be wide enough to drive over.