How do you get into the engine, around loader and hood?

/ How do you get into the engine, around loader and hood? #1  

SmallChange

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland WM25 with 200LC front end loader, filled R4 tires 43X16.00-20 and 25X8.50-14 (had a Kubota B6200D with dozer and R1 tires)
I was just looking yesterday at how to reach the oil fill on my new tractor, which has a loader (I've never had one with a loader before). It is quite a reach to get in there, as the loader arm is in the way and the side of the raised hood is fairly low too. How do you get in there?

Maybe I can squirm into the space between the loader arm and the tractor itself. It looks tight but not necessarily impossible. I wish I was less ballasted, myself, if I were to fit in there.

I bet raising the loader all the way up would make it easier, and I could fairly easily reach it working directly under the loader. I can't see anything going wrong with that plan (no, actually, I wasn't going to approach the problem that way).

If there is some kind of safety prop for the loader, that would help, but I'm not seeing any such thing.

Supposedly it is a breeze to remove the loader. I haven't done that yet. Seems like a lot of trouble for topping off the oil.

How do you do this?

It's a NH WM25, though I think this probably isn't that brand-specific a question.

/ How do you get into the engine, around loader and hood? #2  
A funnel with a long rubber hose works for me.

/ How do you get into the engine, around loader and hood? #3  
Raise the loader,lock the FEL control(if you have one) and prop/chain up for saftety if you are uncomfortable.I was shown this by my dealer.

/ How do you get into the engine, around loader and hood? #4  
Had the problem when I had B7100,I raise the loader as high it would go than rest bucket on something the same height...yes funnel with long hose helps.

/ How do you get into the engine, around loader and hood? #5  
My Kioti is fairly accessible for oil changes as well as fuel & hydraulic filter changes with the loader on, but there's no way I can get to the air filter or the radiator screen with it attached.
I just schedule that maintenance for when I'm bush hogging in the early fall, I take the loader off for better maneuverability for that.
It's tight to get at the battery/cables with the loader on, but it can be done.

/ How do you get into the engine, around loader and hood? #6  
The better loaders come with a steel formed piece of angle iron, that straps onto the loader cylinder that will stop it from falling, when it's all the way up "IF" a valve or hose fails.

At least I see them come with ALO loaders and they should come with ALL loaders!

SR

/ How do you get into the engine, around loader and hood? #8  
Best option, remove the loader

Next best, make rod stops for BOTH lift cylinders.

/ How do you get into the engine, around loader and hood? #9  
Best option, remove the loader

Next best, make rod stops for BOTH lift cylinders.

Seems like a lot of trouble; at least on my Kubota. I just did a 200 hour service last week - to fill the oil, I just used a funnel with a long tube. Matter of fact, I leaned on the lowered loader arms and drank coffee with one hand and filled the oil with the other. YMMV.

/ How do you get into the engine, around loader and hood? #10  
The better loaders come with a steel formed piece of angle iron, that straps onto the loader cylinder that will stop it from falling, when it's all the way up "IF" a valve or hose fails.

At least I see them come with ALO loaders and they should come with ALL loaders!

SR
Yes, but Ålø are very well designed loaders and is Swedish so safety is always a high priority.