How do you keep your welding table top from rusting?

/ How do you keep your welding table top from rusting? #1  

CDN Farm Boy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
As the title says.....

It's easy enough to paint the frame but what about the top? Can't paint the top for obvious reasons but I don't want it looking like crap either. Gets very humid here in the summer to make it worse.

Got my new plasma cutter a week ago and am eager to get my cutting/welding table built.

/ How do you keep your welding table top from rusting? #2  
Get some anti spatter spray and get a shop rag and rub it on the top after taking a cup brush to it. Do several times over the course of a few weeks.

/ How do you keep your welding table top from rusting?
Interesting that you should respond Mark....my plasma came from Duncan.

What's "anti spatter spray" and where would I find it? Never heard of it before.

/ How do you keep your welding table top from rusting? #4  
   / How do you keep your welding table top from rusting? #5  
Anti-spatter is very common when MIG welding. It keeps spatter from sticking on the work piece, table, jig and even the tip and nozzle on the MIG gun. EVERYBODY that sells welders has it. You don't have to get the name brands. Some are better but they all work.

/ How do you keep your welding table top from rusting? #6  
Gotta love TBN. Never knew such products existed. Thanks.

/ How do you keep your welding table top from rusting? #7  
Just to point out the weather around here gets very humid too although I havent had any rust on the top of my welding table since making it about 8 years ago. Probably any rust that starts to form gets wiped off the next day I use it and really rust hasnt been a problem. I was worried about my metal racks which I never got around to painting either. They have some surface rust but I'm going to try fluid film which I heard works wonders.

/ How do you keep your welding table top from rusting? #8  
Use always seems to work pretty good.

/ How do you keep your welding table top from rusting? #9  
I just use a little WD-40, just spray in on and rub it in. I do this about every 3or4 months or as needed. Here in Fl. I need to wipe things down with WD-40 from time to time, my little 28x28 shop is not insulated..

/ How do you keep your welding table top from rusting? #10  
Anti spatter / WD 40 both work.. I visit shops that have expensive weld platens and many will use RV antifreeze in a spray bottle. non toxic and corrosion resistant.. Not to mention $2.00 gl on sale. Works very well. Spray on let dry or wipe off...