How do you manage your attachments off the tractor?

/ How do you manage your attachments off the tractor? #21  
I built this rack this Winter for my STUFF to fit on and under. It's a 6' shelf with the center section built to hold the SSQA bucket, grapple, and mower on the bottom. The tiller is under the right side and the blower went under the left side and both are on casters. I since have made a shelf above the bucket for light stuff like the kiddie pool.

shed shelf 005_1.JPG

/ How do you manage your attachments off the tractor? #22  
I am planning on doing something like RuffDog's set up but a stand alone rack 3 high out next to my shed. The racks will have a metal roof on them to keep at least some rain and sun off of them. Right now they are all over the place, I want to have them in one place.

/ How do you manage your attachments off the tractor? #23  
Quick hitch. Either Pats or Harbor Freight. Just depends on what makes sense for you. I have a bad back. So moving stuff around by force to get it to line up is a deal breaker for me.

I still put stuff up on blocks or pallets even when under cover.

/ How do you manage your attachments off the tractor? #24  
Blade / gravel grader stay outside / Bush hogs / post hole digger/turbo till / planters/ tractors/ etc etc anything with hydraulics get put in barn or run in shed. Im lucky to have a big run in shed

/ How do you manage your attachments off the tractor? #25  
Pallet racking works great. I store my implements on wood pallets and put them on 18 foot metal pallet racks like the kind you see in big box stores. Going vertical saves on floor space.

/ How do you manage your attachments off the tractor? #26  
When I take implements off the tractor, I set them on old tires of various sizes. That way they kind of bounce a little to remount easier. And as someone else mentioned, keep a 5 foot long bar handy.

/ How do you manage your attachments off the tractor? #27  
I have made various custom dolleys for attachments. Problem is, now you have TWICE as much STUFF!

/ How do you manage your attachments off the tractor? #28  
I have found a way that works for me. At least, so far. I've made a small level gravel pad where I can drop my 3-point implement during change over. It's level backing up to the pad also. So.... that's about the best I can do. My Class two rear blade and Wallenstein BX62S don't respond well to pry bars. Especially the 1100# rear blade.

However, with the extendable 3-point lower arm ends and my spud wrench - I can get it done without smashing fingers or hands.

/ How do you manage your attachments off the tractor? #29  
I park so that reconnecting can be achieved with a minimum of effort since I work alone.

The post hole digger is the epitome of a PIA implement for a single person to mount. To solve that problem I have a 6" auger, really useless for hole drilling, screwed in the ground to a height of about 18". I keep my augers off the digger and store the digger with the drive shaft stuck in this auger. Works really good.

That was one of my many implements i used to dread to hook up. Not anymore, built one of these and its super easy now. Only thing easier would be it hanging on a chain to swing it into place. auger stand.jpg

/ How do you manage your attachments off the tractor? #30  
Two best things I have found to help get hitched up is a quick hitch and then put the implements on old tires so they have a little wiggle room. Works great plus the tires keep everything off the ground.

The best tire I have found is the old military 40" tire.