How easy to remove powerflow from GT series?

/ How easy to remove powerflow from GT series? #1  

Builder

East PA or 750 mi. east of a short man named Dar__
Tractor
Kubota, AGCO, New Holland LB
Found a nice used powerflow for my GT235 w/ 48C deck for cheap. I need to be able to remove it quick to cut my back meadow. How easy is it to pull the powerflow and have it cut like a traditional deck? About how much time & skinned knuckles are required to make the switch?

/ How easy to remove powerflow from GT series? #2  
Haven't seen a powerflo yet that isn't easy to remove.
Show us a good pic or two, and some help will be forthcoming on yours. :)

You ask like it is on a deck now and you need to take it off. Or is it that you need to mount it to your deck and wondering what is needed on the deck to mount it?

/ How easy to remove powerflow from GT series?
Haven't seen a powerflo yet that isn't easy to remove.
Show us a good pic or two, and some help will be forthcoming on yours. :)

You ask like it is on a deck now and you need to take it off. Or is it that you need to mount it to your deck and wondering what is needed on the deck to mount it?

I'm buying the powerflow from a seller and mounting it on my 48C deck. I need to know once it's mounted and I'm using it, is it easy to scoot out of the way so I can cut a big non-bagged area without it?

Does one remove the powerflow in a few minutes, or is this a get-out-the-wrenches & bust the knuckles for 15 minutes process?

Looks like this: John Deere LX 279 tractor-mower

/ How easy to remove powerflow from GT series? #4  
All you will need to do is unlatch the tube to the bags and remove it. Then loosen the belt with a short tug, and unlatch the powerflow to slip it off.

No knuckles or skin, no wrenches, and prolly about 1 minute at most of time.

Just be sure the deck you have either has the hardware and the belt pulley to accept the powerflow, or take that stuff off the deck it is mounted on now.

With the serial number (or at least the powerflow model no.), it can be found on jdparts for a closer look at it.

That's great news becuase I'll have to remove/install it at least once everytime I cut.
The seller will give me the double pulley off his mower deck if I agree to give him my single pulley. I hear there's some small parts that mount on the end of the mower deck that facilitate mounting of the powerflow?

Will I lose my black plastic pulley cover now that I have a taller double pulley for the powerflow? What covers the drive belt for the powerflow?

/ How easy to remove powerflow from GT series? #6  
There is a belt cover that mounts such that it flips open. Plan on having both decks side by each when you make the switch, and it will be easier. The black plastic cover there now will either be discarded, or will have to be cut out (and it is pre-marked where to cut). [Personally, I discard the belt covers as they just hide grass and debris that can remain wet and cause premature rusting of the deck. I blow my deck off after each use, and don't dismount the mower with the deck running. ]

The pulley switch will go easiest if you have an impact driver, as it is hard to hold the blade shaft from turning without the impact wrench. Metric socket is needed.

May have to drill a hole to mount the belt cover. Not exactly sure on this model.

There is a belt cover that mounts such that it flips open. Plan on having both decks side by each when you make the switch, and it will be easier. The black plastic cover there now will either be discarded, or will have to be cut out (and it is pre-marked where to cut). [Personally, I discard the belt covers as they just hide grass and debris that can remain wet and cause premature rusting of the deck. I blow my deck off after each use, and don't dismount the mower with the deck running. ]

The pulley switch will go easiest if you have an impact driver, as it is hard to hold the blade shaft from turning without the impact wrench. Metric socket is needed.

May have to drill a hole to mount the belt cover. Not exactly sure on this model.

Seller suggested same thing.....what a ball-buster it will be to remove deck & bring to his place, then remount again at my place.....:(

/ How easy to remove powerflow from GT series? #8  
Those decks are not difficult to remove and install. Not sure where you are getting that impression.

Maybe dicker with the powerflo seller to do the switch for you.

Those decks are not difficult to remove and install. Not sure where you are getting that impression.

Maybe dicker with the powerflo seller to do the switch for you.

Nope, you're right, they're not that bad. Just don't feel like loading in the truck, but I think you're both right. Might as well do the switch over right there.

/ How easy to remove powerflow from GT series? #10  
The pulley that drives my collector on my Simplicity is pretty darn stubborn, so you may want to make sure you have a puller when you go over there, or have him get it off ahead of time. Collectors with blowers like mine, and the powerflow can blow leaves forward, and out under the deck. JD makes a "blowout" kit for these mower decks especially for leaf collection. You will want to check to see if he might have that (pics at the JD site), or consider buying one if it doesn't.