How far would you drive a tractor?

/ How far would you drive a tractor? #82  
I once borrowed a 40’ 4x4 boom lift. Max speed 3mph. My friends shop was 7 miles away. I asked him how he recommended I move it, he said “you could always just drive it over”…..so, my dad behind me in his pick up I made the trip. It took a long time but I made it no problems.

/ How far would you drive a tractor? #83  
This reminds me of a movie I saw years back about some old guy who lived by himself lost his driver's license because of his age and health. He wanted to visit his daughter on the other side of the State so he made a trailer for his lawn tractor, loaded it with gear and took off, having adventures and challenges along the way. Was a good movie but I don't remember the name of it.
Straight Story?
Correct, and a true story :)

The Straight Story is a 1999 biographical road drama film directed by David Lynch. ... The film is based on the true story of Alvin Straight's 1994 journey across Iowa and Wisconsin on a lawn mower.

/ How far would you drive a tractor? #84  
My furthest drive was 35 miles from my place to my local AGCO dealer for tractor repairs. Wasn’t bad. MF7495 with 34MPH road speed.
1623407367507.jpeg

/ How far would you drive a tractor? #85  
you were cruising Hay Dude - that is some good momentum speed

/ How far would you drive a tractor? #86  
   / How far would you drive a tractor? #88  
Yeah the European models have 30-40MPH and higher road speeds.
My nephew was following me for a short distance yesterday and asked why my M7-171 has a European 30mph speed limit decal and I was going 37 by his speedometer (and my gps). I said one thing is larger than base tire size and the placard is for my tractor if it was being used in the UK. It's nice to have the higher roading speed but not many of my implements have tires rated.

Insurance - my agent told me a few years ago my insurance was now good up to 150 miles from home instead of the previous 75 due to so many dealerships being shuttered. So my insurance covers my tractor if it is at my dealer 142 miles (and it is the closest dealer of any brand).

/ How far would you drive a tractor? #89  
I drove my Kubota M6040 into Cheney ONCE. Twenty miles - round trip. Went to the ADM( Archer Daniels Midland ) grain scales to weigh the tractor with its heaviest attachments. Sixteen of the miles are on county roads. Uneventful, but unnecessary now. I have all the weights I need. It was the only time I've ever driven it on asphalt. Actually - it's the only time the tractor has been off my property.
700 miles. Big Case International articulated with four sets of duals, and three Reynolds 14 yard dirt scoops behind it. Cheaper to drive it. Took three 18 wheelers to move it, had to remove outside duals.