How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series?

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #11  
Also, I think the brochure for 2014 described both the 5085e and 5100e with a third SCV available. I could be mistaken.

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series?
Wonder if I could use a electric over hydraulic splitter to switch which cylinder is operated from a SCV? Or doesn't it work that way. Do you need a continuous flow? Would bungee-ing a SCV level work? Or doesn't it work that way either?

What I'm thinking is that for a back blade, one probably mostly uses angle and offset when moving snow, whereas you'd want angle and tilt for dirt and could survive manually offsetting. So if possible swap the cylinder between tilt and offset depending on the seasons (if they use the same length cylinder).

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #13  
My dealer told me his customers often bungee the single control lever open to get constant flow.

I think you could devise an electric over hydraulic splitter to make several functions from your single SCV. You could either attach it to the tractor or to the back blade. It gets a little bit crowded when you start trying to mount additional hydraulics on the rear of a 5075e…

Inventing a way for the SCV lever to perform more than one function would be opposite from what we built. I think you would be installing electro-hydraulic controls "upstream" from the SCV and I think now I'm approaching the edge of my limited knowledge of these things…

I'd be happy to connect you with the engineer I worked with. He just sold his company and might be eager to start in on something new like this. He holds several patents and could probably find a way to get more with fresh ideas from new people.

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #14  
Electric diverters are no problem other that deciding where to mount them.:eek: Here are some pictures of a Kubota M7040 that had the 3 OEM valves, but this guy needed 6 sets, 2 for his top & tilt and 4 for his rear blade with gauge wheels. He has a nice control grip, could have been mounted a bit differently, but he was happy with it how it is. All 3 of the diverters are controlled through the one manual valve. He used that lever for all of his blade functions and the other 2 for his top & tilt set. :cool:

Attachments

• 2013-07-07 15.43.41.jpg
    2013-07-07 15.43.41.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 442
  • 2013-07-07 15.45.16.jpg
    2013-07-07 15.45.16.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 400
  • 2013-07-07 15.48.10.jpg
    2013-07-07 15.48.10.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 280
  • 2013-07-07 15.45.38.jpg
    2013-07-07 15.45.38.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 379
So how do these electric diverters work and/or what do they require as an input?

When I think about it, it seems if you bungee the tractor scv, then the (spring return) electrical switches would be used to open/close the diverters. But if the switches are "maintained" on-off (no spring return), you could use the tractor scv to open close the diverter(s) you've selected to be the one(s) that operate?

Does this make sense?

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #16  
You use the outlets from your existing set of remotes. This feeds the diverters, see the 2 hoses going from his top set of outlets over to the bank of diverters? The switches are typically momentary switches. You push the button in the control grip and move the lever. The actual control is your existing SCV, all you are doing with the electric diverter-s is diverting that control to a different location.

I think that you are either thinking that there is a constant flow through the diverters which there is not or you are thinking about a closed center hydraulic system which you do not have. You do not have your SCV control lever kept open. You use the lever to control the flow just as you would or do now. You decide what hydraulic gets the control by activating the switch of choice. In the example, there are 2 thumb button switches and a single trigger switch. So he has separate control through the diverters for 3 separate hydraulics and a 4th set is the OEM set and is used just as if there were no diverters at all, simply move the lever to actuate the hydraulic connected to the default set of outlets. You have full feathering capability with this type of system where as with an electric valve with contant flow you have the valve either fully open or closed, nothing in between.

Thanks MVR, that's what I was hoping it was.
With the switches right on the SCV lever, I could see you would want them momentary.
But maybe with a less sophisticated system where the switches are elsewhere you'd want them to be maintained switches.

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #18  
Thanks MVR, that's what I was hoping it was.
With the switches right on the SCV lever, I could see you would want them momentary.
But maybe with a less sophisticated system where the switches are elsewhere you'd want them to be maintained switches.

One of the problems with maintained switches is without them being lit up, what one is on?, Besides that maintained switches are more $$. All of this can be done, at a cost and most people simply do not want to pay for those options. That is for them to be in a control grip, I have no idea if you have switches else where.?

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #19  
One of the problems with maintained switches is without them being lit up, what one is on?, Besides that maintained switches are more $$. All of this can be done, at a cost and most people simply do not want to pay for those options. That is for them to be in a control grip, I have no idea if you have switches else where.?

Hello, just joined and I am in the process of adding 3rd function remotes to my 5603 and my 5525 is next. I opted for the electric 3rd function that operates with a toggle switch mounted in the loader control handle. The kit offered by Deere is $1600. So I have picked up most of the pieces from eBay for about $800. The multiplier s you talk of I sell myself but opted for a more permanent solution. The multiplier simply plugs into an scv circuit and with the selection of a switch will send the flow to either of 2 hydraulic circuit s with just the original valve being used. Your Deere could have factory remotes added to it very easily depending upon which valves it uses. The e series typically uses a stack of scvs bolted directly to the rear housing. ..just stack one more. The m series typically uses a typical remote scv attached behind the operator station or below the right step and gets hydraulic flow through steel pipes. These are cast and not stackable. They need to be removed and replaced with one with the correct number of remotes with a maximum of 3. Please contact me if you need advice or help. -Rick

/ How hard to install 2nd SCV on JD 50x5 (5E) Series? #20  
They are not stackable if it is mounted directly behind the operator or above the 3pth. You do simply remove the single and buy the 2or3 spool valve kit. If you are a decent mechanic this should be easy to do yourself. The kit comes with the 2 handles and cables to mount in the fender.