How hard would it be to get parts for this

/ How hard would it be to get parts for this #1  

Ken Cunningham

Gold Member
I found this on craigslist. The guy said its a cub cadet, and i should be able to get it running by just putting in a new battery and cleaning the fuel system. He wants 600$ for it. Since i know nothing about parts availability for these old tractors im wondering if im opening a can of worms. Whats your opinion?

Attachments

• little tractor.jpg
    little tractor.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 288
   / How hard would it be to get parts for this #2  
There are LOTS of them around. Great little tractors. They use Kohler engines that seem to last forever.
I have a 1450 hydro-stat. Ive had it for over 30 years. The gear drive models are popular with mini tractor pull guys, hard to break those little tractors.
With Ebay around you will never be without parts on any good equipment... KennyV

/ How hard would it be to get parts for this #3  
$ 600 sounds a little high, around here old cubs go for $300 to $400.

/ How hard would it be to get parts for this #4  
I found this on craigslist. The guy said its a cub cadet, and i should be able to get it running by just putting in a new battery and cleaning the fuel system. He wants 600$ for it. Since i know nothing about parts availability for these old tractors im wondering if im opening a can of worms. Whats your opinion?

$600 sounds high. Plus you have to take his word for the battery/fuel system issues. If he was any sort of mechanic, he would get it running to be better able to sell it. I would take his diagnosis with a grain of salt at least.

Dave.

/ How hard would it be to get parts for this #5  
Very easy to get parts for most Cub Cadet products, but I would agree the asking price is too high for the tractor in the picture.
Ken

/ How hard would it be to get parts for this
Thanks to all who replied. I found a site (ihregistery.com) and from what ive read there the price he is asking is high. I'll see if he will come of it some. I just need something to mantain my sandy yard that has a slope to it. Im wondering if this thing is going to be big enough to take care of that.(would be better than using a shovel though) I could wait until i get my tax money back and buy a 8n for around 2500$.

/ How hard would it be to get parts for this #8  
If you got the 8N you'd have a real tractor that would also be easy to get parts for if needed and also be able to do more real tractor work if you need it. There have been lots of them sitting along the road around here this summer for sale. Most are in really nice condition and usually comes with a brushhog or finish mower for the price you stated.

Topstrap

/ How hard would it be to get parts for this #9  
I would start with an offer of no more than $300, probably more like $200. As it is not running, buyer beware. It may run just fine with a little bit of tinkering, or it could be a major overhaul. There are enough of them around, so with a little bit of searching, parts shouldn't be too difficult to obtain.

/ How hard would it be to get parts for this
I went and looked at it and the frame is craked around the bolt hole where the front half attaches to the transmission, a little welding would fix that right up. The best price i could get was 500$ and one of the back tires has a huge rip in it. The seat, which is not original, is very thin and would have to be replaced. The lift mechanism must have broken at one time and there is a piece of hex bar welded on there, so the oringal with the spring and the peice that locked into the tractor is gone. The motor "looked pretty good. So im gonna just wait for tax time and look for a 8n. There are some real nice looking ones around here that have been painted and with new tires. Thanks for your opinions everyone.