How in the bleepity bleep?

/ How in the bleepity bleep? #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
Did this happen...lol

I was cutting out a trail that was an old trail but grown up in those little pines/hardwoods. Most were about 2-4 inches. I push them over with the loader and chop 'em up with the bush hog. I got down close to the creek, on the backside of the property, and found myself in a revolting predicament (as daffy duck would say). No where to turn around so I needed to back up the long hill. Uh Oh! Somehow got a tree that was too big to back over and too big for the bush hog to fold over/cut off.

Had to go get the chainsaw...long walk up hill both ways (you know how that goes...lol). 71 acres later, return and cut tree down, being very careful not to get into the tire. Got it done. Whew.

Sorry the pics were a little blurry. I was a tired pup by the time it was finished. I'll take some better pics tomorrow of how grown up it is. Had an EF4 tornado hit my property 4 years ago. Made a big mess. I finally got tired of fighting with the old '52 8N so this past spring got the new 'bota. I just love the 4 WD and Loader. Sure makes life a lot easier...if I don't get stuck...lol. :ashamed: It was really jammed, couldn't go forward and couldn't got backwards. My old 024 woodboss Stihl came to the rescue. That thing is about 30 something years old and cut much firewood over the years. Still running strong! :thumbsup: Hope the 'bota is running that strong after many years.

Guard puppy keeps guard over the new machine!

Don't mess with him even a little bit!

:laughing:

/ How in the bleepity bleep? #2  
Are you sure you didn't slid sideways into that tree?

/ How in the bleepity bleep? #3  
Wow. I'd figure on a flat tire driving through that. I agree with 4570, had to have slid sideways into that. Should have let the dog chew it off instead of cutting with the saw, LOL

/ How in the bleepity bleep? #4  
Did you try stepping on the right brake and turning right to pivot the mower to the left?

/ How in the bleepity bleep? #5  
Did you try stepping on the right brake and turning right to pivot the mower to the left?

Unless there was an obstacle preventing the front end from mowing sideways that would have probably worked.

/ How in the bleepity bleep?

No, I didn't think about anything like that. I'll give that a try next time. It probably did slide over into that position as it is very wet down there right now. I don't have the brake pedals latched together and might have accidentally hit the other one which would have pushed the tractor/mower into the bad spot in the first place. That was a tight spot as there was a bigger tree on the other side of the tractor and I barely fit through the space in the first place. I think I do remember hitting the brake and it slid over...the wrong way. :confused2:

/ How in the bleepity bleep? #7  
Go out in a field, pound in a couple stakes like where the trees were and see if you can get out of it without knocking the stakes down.... or forget about it! :laughing:

Well, more Bleepty Bleep again! I was pushing some old stuff to clean up where an old log cabin was on the property. That thing was very old split logs/square head nails and my neighbor said it was built by his great great grandfather. Neighbor is about 80 now, so it was a long long time ago. A big mess had grown up around it over the years and kept expanding and expanding until it got really thick and some large trees/vines were all tangled up. Cabin is long gone but the mess was still there. I've been cutting and pushing the mess out of there since last April and am close to finishing it. I pushed some more this evening when it cooled off a little. I managed to push an old piece of a limb through the front grill. Grrrrr. I have the expanded metal to weld onto the bar in front of the grill...but haven't gotten around to it. Metal grill is $93 on the Kubota parts list. I saw one on fleabay for about $50 used. Thank the Lord it did not go through the radiator or something really important. I'll wait until I get done with all the pushing there is to do, before replacing. I like to lift the bucket and then push down on the old stuff/heavy vines and then use the chainsaw to cut them off. Then pull the mess out with a heavy chain on the back of the tractor. I think old dead stuff is more dangerous to a tractor than live trees and things. :mad:

Go out in a field, pound in a couple stakes like where the trees were and see if you can get out of it without knocking the stakes down.... or forget about it! :laughing:

That is an excellent suggestion! Some practice would really help me when I get back to cleaning up some tight spots down in the woods. :thumbsup:

/ How in the bleepity bleep? #10  
That is an excellent suggestion! Some practice would really help me when I get back to cleaning up some tight spots down in the woods. :thumbsup:

Kinda like re-enacting the crime! :laughing: