How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader?

/ How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader? #1  

jgayman

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 2720
I would like to get a 200CX loader for my 2720. I can keep it on most of the time except for winter when I'll need to remove it to attach my 54" snow blower. How level does the ground have to be to remove/attach the loader? I don't have many level spots - at least nowhere I could leave the loader parked. Can the quick attachment process accomodate a slight uphill or downhill or side slope?

Thanks.

/ How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader? #2  
It needs to be flat, but level isn't so important. If you have a bit of a crown you would want to be perpendicular to it, having the 200cx tilted right/left will be much harder then having it tilted forward/back. I doubt you would notice a forward/back tilt until things got pretty extreme, but having the right/left posts even an inch or two out of level with the approaching tractor will make things a huge pain in the butt. One of the posts will sit into the receiver but the other will hang in the air unable to be latched...

I made a little packed gravel area that worked for me, and others had put a large piece of plywood down to drop onto and hook up on.

Hope this helps,
Hunter

/ How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader? #3  
The flatter the better...and that includes room for both the tractor and dismounted loader. Level is preferable, of course. A hard surface helps too, so neither the loader or tractor "sinks".
As far as up or downslope...I wouldn't unless it's an extremely mild slope. The cylinders only have a finite amount of travel and a slope could cause problems when mounting or dismounting.

/ How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader? #4  
When you get the loader you could use it to level a nice spot to keep it just a thought.

/ How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader?
Thank you for the replies. I was thinking more of a few degrees of upslope or downslope. I have a few spots that are fairly level horizontally but have a very slight upslope. Was thinking as I would drive into the spot even though it might be a few degrees uphill the tractor would be at the same incline as the loader.

I liked the idea about a piece of heavy plywood. That would further ensure that the tractor and loader remain at the same angle relative to each other.

/ How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader?
When you get the loader you could use it to level a nice spot to keep it just a thought.

Now THERE'S someone who is thinking! :thumbsup:

/ How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader? #7  
It doesn't need to be that level, like a garage floor, as long as left to right match on the tractor, loader and loader frame. A little up hill front to back doesn't matter; however, if you leave it unattached and the bucket fills with water, you may need to relieve the hydraulic pressure in the hose (depress the pin on quick connect) to get the hose attached.

Dan

/ How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader? #8  
The side to side slope or level is what's critical. Rear wheels need to be on the same plane as the loader. If you do run inot a problem rehooking where 1 side of loader is higher than other, back tractor up and puts some planking down on that side to drive the rear wheel up on versus trying to man handle to loader. Been there, done that.

/ How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader? #9  
The side to side slope or level is what's critical. ...

. Been there, done that.

I'll second that in a big way and also suggest finding a level surface to try a few removes and installs before the big day of the few degrees. Side to side change will prove maddening but experience will help with a very minor up or down slope

/ How level does ground need to be to remove/attach 200CX loader? #10  
I found with my 70A if the ground is uneven it makes remounting a lot more difficult. It seems to settle somewhat to the ground so when I attempt to latch it back in place it just does not want to go. I adjusted my practice of where I park it when not mounted and haven't had a problem since. Just dropping the loader anywhere isn't a great idea.