How many acres do you own?

/ How many acres do you own? #51  
Yes, the pipeline. That would have been my guess, a pipeline. Quite a substantial looking feature.
yes... it was profitable at the time for the owner but now its a pain in the a##... they don't bother agriculture equipment regardless of the weight which is a good thing but won't allow (without permission) industrial (construction or forestry ) equipment to cross... plus I have some sand near the surface right by the pipes that I will never be able to extract I wish it wasn't there.

/ How many acres do you own? #52  
yes... it was profitable at the time for the owner but now its a pain in the a##... they don't bother agriculture equipment regardless of the weight which is a good thing but won't allow (without permission) industrial (construction or forestry ) equipment to cross... plus I have some sand near the surface right by the pipes that I will never be able to extract I wish it wasn't there.
Yeah, I could see it being a hinderance. Especially with it being such a major pipeline, I bet they think it is extra special.

/ How many acres do you own? #54  
We personally own about 11 acres of old terraced farm land, about 4 acres of "yard" and 7 acres of mixed pine/successional hardwood.... and feel pretty blessed to be able to provide a place in the semi-country for our kids to roam. I grew up in the coastal-country of FL and being able to provide a broadly similar experience for our kids is one of the reasons we uprooted and moved.

I really don't like this question. When you ask it of a real farmer, you might as well be asking them how much money they have saved or how much money they make.

I own 5 acres, my wife (farmers daughter) much more than 5 acres. But I don't know how many and there is a reason I don't know. I'm keeping it that way.

For me that is a very interesting and relevant point that is brought up, and I'm kinda surprised that when I first saw the thread I didn't have a similar thought. As a larger/extended family we have shared ownership of about 6k acres of revenue producing land.

While this is not life-changing money, it has been a long-term significant asset in providing on-going support to family members at various points in our lives. Beyond that, it is to me a very interesting and colorful aspect of our family history. It has also been an amazingly valuable tool to learn about aspects of land management/business most folks never experience.

However, even as a kid/young adult I learned pretty quickly not to discuss that resource with people because it has the tendency to drastically change peoples' perceptions and expectations about me.

/ How many acres do you own? #55  
We personally own about 11 acres of old terraced farm land, about 4 acres of "yard" and 7 acres of mixed pine/successional hardwood.... and feel pretty blessed to be able to provide a place in the semi-country for our kids to roam. I grew up in the coastal-country of FL and being able to provide a broadly similar experience for our kids is one of the reasons we uprooted and moved.

For me that is a very interesting and relevant point that is brought up, and I'm kinda surprised that when I first saw the thread I didn't have a similar thought. As a larger/extended family we have shared ownership of about 6k acres of revenue producing land.

While this is not life-changing money, it has been a long-term significant asset in providing on-going support to family members at various points in our lives. Beyond that, it is to me a very interesting and colorful aspect of our family history. It has also been an amazingly valuable tool to learn about aspects of land management/business most folks never experience.

However, even as a kid/young adult I learned pretty quickly not to discuss that resource with people because it has the tendency to drastically change peoples' perceptions and expectations about me.
How is NW GA anything like coastal FL? By "similar experience" you must mean a somewhat rural upbringing. Otherwise I see very few parallels.

/ How many acres do you own? #56  
Exactly what you said.... rural upbringing. My parents had 5 acres on the edge of an intercostal, brackish marsh. I had one neighbor and then thousands of natural acres I could roam through. The similarity between there and where we are know is less about the geographic-ecological features and more about the ability to exist/explore without disturbing others or being disturbed.

It's also somewhat about the sense of community, although there are certainly cultural differences between FL and NW GA. Growing up if we had issues while my dad or parents were away we called Mr. Shelton the pig farmer and he would be at our property in 10minutes or less with a shotgun and a pack of dogs, whereas the police didn't couldn't locate our address. Some of that "neighbors taking care of each other" exists where we are today.

/ How many acres do you own? #58  

Living in the Bay Area similar can sometimes be said for just owning a house... expectations and perceptions change.

/ How many acres do you own? #59  
22 we live on, maybe 5 of it cleared the rest a mix of hardwood and pine
I also have 9.5 that is 2 tenths of a mile down the road. My son and his wife are building a house on it.

/ How many acres do you own? #60  
We have 23 acres. About 5 cleared around our 20 X 24' log cabin. The rest behind us is hardwooods with a stream and some wetland. This is up at 1700 ft elevation and the view is incredible. Going to be our 12th year here and loving every day.