How many acres do you own?

/ How many acres do you own? #152  
If I could afford 56,000 acres I could afford to build an off grid system. Add Starlink and I'm all set.

/ How many acres do you own? #154  
56 000 acres ?? that's insane, that's 87 square miles ...beautiful, I had no clue, do you mind sharing how you managed to get your hands on that and what type of farming you do ?

There are more cows in Wyoming than people. We only have 500K residents, so that means there is a lot of land.

The ranch use to be much larger, over a million acres. It's hard to mange that much land. Hell, I struggle with what I have. I'm not a rancher. I manage risk for the BCBS association. That is what pays the bills for the ranch. My neighbor is who runs his cattle on the land. I charge him what my taxes are. Good for him and good for me. He has to mange all the rangeland and meadows. He also has to make sure the fence is in good shape.

This ranch was always in the family. I was the only one that could afford to pay the inheritance tax, so it went to my sister and I.

/ How many acres do you own? #155  
There are more cows in Wyoming than people. We only have 500K residents, so that means there is a lot of land.

The ranch use to be much larger, over a million acres. It's hard to mange that much land. Hell, I struggle with what I have. I'm not a rancher. I manage risk for the BCBS association. That is what pays the bills for the ranch. My neighbor is who runs his cattle on the land. I charge him what my taxes are. Good for him and good for me. He has to mange all the rangeland and meadows. He also has to make sure the fence is in good shape.

This ranch was always in the family. I was the only one that could afford to pay the inheritance tax, so it went to my sister and I.
Enjoy it, love it and consider yourself blessed to be able to live like that. I'm in the middle of several thousand acres of national forest it is wonderful to have wilderness around the place.

/ How many acres do you own? #156  
It could be picture perfect or it could be a struggle. But I love it...

98.jpg
grader 1.jpg
Grader 2.jpg

/ How many acres do you own? #157  
It's the struggle that makes one appreciate the perfect times.

/ How many acres do you own? #158  

Very cool thanks for sharing,

/ How many acres do you own? #159  
My neighbor grew up on a large pioneer family ranch in Montana with nearest neighbor miles away.

She said you had to be self sufficient in all things and if needed they would go all winter totally self sufficient and when Grandpa got a wind power radio it was magical.

The highlight was going to town and spending over night at a great aunts… and later living with great aunt for high school.

Simple times and good people… always plenty of work and the eating was always good.

Property gone now… taxes a big part plus younger generations out making their way in the world. Parts now owned by Hollywood Elite.

Last edited: