How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight?

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #151  
I go out in the back yard shortly after our annual champaign toast at midnight and light off a few small fireworks, then head back inside to see what's left of the snacks. :p

We've spent new year's eve with the same couple and our families for almost 40 years. The husband passed away from cancer a few months ago. Things will be different this year.

What's really strange is that the parents of the wife in that couple are best friends with my wife's parents, and those couples spent new years ever together for about 60 years. My father in-law passed away last November, so their tradition changed due to death as well.

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #152  
It kinda makes one wonder if they are celebrating or shooting back after finding slugs in their house roof or car hood.
My roof is a 10/12 pitched metal roof so the rednecks can shoot in the air all they want around me, bullits will rickochey right off.

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #153  
I was married on July 4th in an Indiana town on the Wabash with a great railroad history, and that evening enjoyed great seats in the park with the wedding party for the town's fireworks show. btw, our reception was 'dry' and our evening was too.

Moss, with a DD or two or if able to put family up for the night would a bigger gathering be out of the question. We have a little sister that can't attend family gatherings anymore. We visit her out of town every week. Her memory isn't what it used to be, only us & growing up together, not that MSU beat U of M hours only after watching the game.

btw, I dearly miss my in-laws and like to toast them along with my parents with a little noise out on the deck every NYE. Doesn't always seem a waste of odd-ball SG ammo that accumulates, a few of these and a few of those ..

Last edited:
   / How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #154  
OK, guilty here!
Used my shotgun so that's considerably safer.

Many a time hunting from blinds we'd get rained on by the neighbor's shooting in our direction.
No worse that hail during a storm.

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #155  
Not since I was a teenager and my uncle gave me an ammo can full of 30.06 military blanks. That was fun.

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #156  
OK, guilty here!
Used my shotgun so that's considerably safer.

Many a time hunting from blinds we'd get rained on by the neighbor's shooting in our direction.
No worse that hail during a storm.
I'll never forget my first squirrel hunting lesson. I was 8, sitting under a tree with dad when we heard someone else's gun fire in the distance and a second later, bb's going through the leaves in the tree we were sitting under. Dad said "pull your cap down and don't look up".

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #157  
If it wasn't for my wife reminding me to switch to the new calendars, I wouldn't know new years from any other day

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #158  
I was married on July 4th in an Indiana town on the Wabash with a great railroad history, and that evening enjoyed great seats in the park with the wedding party for the town's fireworks show. btw, our reception was 'dry' and our evening was too.

Moss, with a DD or two or if able to put family up for the night would a bigger gathering be out of the question. We have a little sister that can't attend family gatherings anymore. We visit her out of town every week. Her memory isn't what it used to be, only us & growing up together, not that MSU beat U of M hours only after watching the game.

btw, I dearly miss my in-laws and like to toast them along with my parents with a little noise out on the deck every NYE. Doesn't always seem a waste of odd-ball SG ammo that accumulates, a few of these and a few of those ..
Wabash or Peru by chance? ;)

No one that drives gets/got drunk at our NYE gatherings. I gave that up 36 years ago. My friend that passed of cancer gave it up long ago as well. So our wives can get as tipsy as they like and always know their hubby will get them home safely. So I guess you could call me the DD for the entire family. Another good reason to own a Suburban VS a pickup truck. :)

/ How many fired off a round or more on New Years at the stroke of midnight? #159  
I'll never forget my first squirrel hunting lesson. I was 8, sitting under a tree with dad when we heard someone else's gun fire in the distance and a second later, bb's going through the leaves in the tree we were sitting under. Dad said "pull your cap down and don't look up".
Back in the early 50's, my Dad bought a new house in a new addition of North OKC. Just North of us was a trap/skeet shooting range. On a nice day with a brisk North Wind, we would get bird shot peppering our house. I recall getting peppered myself, but no broken skin that I recall. If anyone had gotten one in the eye, that may have been a different matter.