How many gallons of fluid will my tires hold?

/ How many gallons of fluid will my tires hold? #1  

outsidezion

Tractor
Bobcat CT225, Case 444,
15-19.5, Kioti CK27 (Its actually a Bobcat CT225 which is the same thing.)

Is windshield washer fluid the way to go? Also, where can you buy it in bulk. I'm guessing I'm at like 30 gallons a tire

I ordered the quick fill from Gemplers: Quick Fill Tractor Tire Attachment - GEMPLER'S

Also, Northern tool has a submersible on sale for $44.00. The local tire place would charge me $150 per tire. I think I can do it for half.

/ How many gallons of fluid will my tires hold? #2  
29 gallons per tire. for 75% fill. The prime component to WW fluid is Methanol. aka Methyl Alcohol. Keep in mind WW fluid comes mixed in varying strengths. Choose the one you need in your area.
Is it the way to go? it is a cheap way to go. I have methanol mix in mine. I used a cheap $6 drill pump at Home dept.. it is junk but it worked. If you want to mix the methyl alchohol yourself, contact your petroleum supplier. Otherwise if you want to use actual WW Fluid, perhaps NAPA? or other automotive supplier? a 2 part methanol and 1 part water is good for about -22 F. That might work for you.

/ How many gallons of fluid will my tires hold? #5  
   / How many gallons of fluid will my tires hold? #6  
We obviously have a difference in the Firestone and the Rimguard charts.

/ How many gallons of fluid will my tires hold?
Awesome resource guys. I'll go w/ k0ua's experiential knowledge on this one. Regardless, I run 25 gallons each tire and fill the rest w/ water, I should be good.

What keeps the fluid from running out of the open valve? I'm planning on jacking the tire off the ground and leaving fill valve at 12 o'clock position. I guess at 75% fill or so, there won't be any pressure from the actual tire itself.

/ How many gallons of fluid will my tires hold? #8  
K0ua, I wasn't trying to contradict your post. You'll noticed that we posted at the same time, so I was not aware of your reply. I was simply posting what Firestone published.

For what it is worth, Titan lists 29 gallons at 75% fill. Depending on the tire construction I could see where this figure would vary widely between the various manufactures.

Reference page 30 in the following document: http://www.titanstore.com/pdf/TireInfo.pdf

Titan Percent Fill.jpg

/ How many gallons of fluid will my tires hold? #9  
Awesome resource guys. I'll go w/ k0ua's experiential knowledge on this one. Regardless, I run 25 gallons each tire and fill the rest w/ water, I should be good.

What keeps the fluid from running out of the open valve? I'm planning on jacking the tire off the ground and leaving fill valve at 12 o'clock position. I guess at 75% fill or so, there won't be any pressure from the actual tire itself.

Do your filling with the valve stem at 12 o'clock. Keep about 5 lbs of pressure in the tire at all times to prevent the bead from unseating. Procedure is as follows. Jack up one side so the tire is JUST barely off the ground.. in other words sort of dragging. rotate tire to 12 o'clock. Let out all but about 5 lbs of pressure. remove valve core. Put on your adapter. Start filling. After about 3 or 4 gallons. let out some air pressure, you will hear the pump start to labor as the pressure rises in the tire.. Remember the tire is still full of air, and as you pump in liquid the air compresses as it is displaced with liquid, causing a pressure rise in the tire. Keep pumping and burping out the air with the burp valve on the adapter. When finished with your pumping quickly remove the Adapter and get the valve core back in. Put air in the tire to spec. . Repeat on the other side. Obviously during the last amount pumped in, do not burp so you have more pressure in the tire to give you some time to get the stem back in.

/ How many gallons of fluid will my tires hold?
We'll give it a try.