How many holes in your loader bucket???

/ How many holes in your loader bucket??? #1  

WAB85

Tractor
Kubota L3830, Kubota B2620,Kubota RTV900
I recently posted a question (#11190) with no response.
I'd like to try one more time.
I have a LA723 loader on an L3830 tractor.
I would like to add a wear edge to the front edge of the bucket for two reasons --1) to have a more durable / reversable edge, 2) to extent the bucket for a little more capacity.
The bucket (model L2273) came predrilled with NINE holes on approx 7 3/8" centers.
So far, three Kubota dealers have not been able to come up with an edge bar that matches. They can find a part with 11 holes -- it will not fit.
Does anyone have a bucket like mine with NINE holes???
I sent a message direct to Kubota also, but they did not reply.
This tractor and loader are new, less than 20 hours.
Thanks,
KW

/ How many holes in your loader bucket??? #2  
Simple...drill new holes for the available cutting edge.

/ How many holes in your loader bucket???
Wushaw
I have already thought about drilling 10 additional holes in the bucket (the center one is the only match). That will be my last option.
I just can't believe someone building buckets for Kubota would decide one day to drill a bucket with only 9 holes on a different spacing -- just for the heck of it.
Guess I could drill 8 new holes in the available wear edge.
Either way the edge piece, OR the bucket, would wind-up looking like swiss cheese with 19 holes.
I would like to get the correct part --- IF it even exists.
At this point I am not sure that it does.
Thanks,
KW

/ How many holes in your loader bucket??? #4  
The Kubota bucket with the 11 holes carries a part# of L2240. An option some uses to attach another edge is to weld the edge on to the bottom of the existing edge. At the most you will add 2-3 inches to the bottom of the bucket. In my opinion this will not be cost effective to increase bucket capacity. Most wait until the extisting edge wear down and then either attach another edge by cutting the existing edge off or welding onto the bottom of the existing edge. Most (9) hole buckets I have seen in use have individual teeth bolted in the nine holes to assist with digging instead of a toothbar. I think Kubota sells the individual teeth.

/ How many holes in your loader bucket??? #5  
What is the width of your bucket? I have to check my 66" bucket but 9 holes is about what it has.

Vernon

/ How many holes in your loader bucket???
First of all, thanks to everyone for the feedback today ---

Gator6X4 -- You may have explained the 9 holes. Maybe that bucket is made to have "teeth" added.

Vernon -- The bucket is 72" wide. It is not a quick attach.
The loader is a LA723
The bucket model # is L2273
The bucket serial # is 12717

KW

/ How many holes in your loader bucket??? #7  
The 9 holes for bolt on bucket teeth sounds like the best answer.

If you want to add the 11 hole cutting edge and don't want a swiss cheese bucket you can fill the holes with a welder, grind smooth and cover with paint.

/ How many holes in your loader bucket??? #8  
One other possible option would be to contact the manufactuer of the edge and see if they would send you one wiithout any holes drilled???:confused: :confused:

/ How many holes in your loader bucket??? #9  
What about exchanging the bucket for one that takes a "standard" replaceable wear edge--if it only has 20 hours a good dealer may make the swap just for the difference in $$