How Many Hours on a "New" Tractor?

/ How Many Hours on a "New" Tractor? #1  

BoneheadNW

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610
How Many Hours on a \"New\" Tractor?

My B7610 was just delivered yesterday and in the excitement of the moment I never checked the hour meter until after the delivery man left. When I did, it showed over 13 hours. Is this excessive for a new tractor? How many hours was on your new tractor when it was delivered?

Bonehead

/ How Many Hours on a "New" Tractor? #3  
Re: How Many Hours on a \"New\" Tractor?

I sure don't know what the 'norm' is, I've only bought 1 new tractor. But mine had 1/2 hour on it when i got it.
I'd suggest you ask the dealer about those 13 hours. If you paying new price, you should get a new tractor. If it was a demo ...that should get a few bucks off for ya. 13 hours is not much for sure in the life of the tractor, but break in can be important. If someone had this one out and returned it or it was demo'd alot, I'd sure want to know.

The new car we bought a few months back had 68 miles on and we put 20 of those miles on it during our test drive. That would equate to about 1 to 2 hours of running time I'd guess.

Congrats on your new tractor, and hope this works out not to be a problem.

Moon of Ohio

/ How Many Hours on a "New" Tractor? #5  

Around 2 hrs. on mine.

/ How Many Hours on a "New" Tractor? #6  

I had 14 hours on mine. That did not worry me at all. In fact in previous discussions about this we had found the dealer is actually suppose to run these tractors on a dyno for 14 hours. Now I know mine wasn't but 14 hours is a drop in the bucket. I would not worry about it at all.

murph

/ How Many Hours on a "New" Tractor?

Thanks everyone for the comments and links to the previous thread (Duh, why didn't I find that?).

I called the dealer earlier to ask him about the 13 hours and he answered my questions to my satisfaction. He assured me that the tractor was thoroughly checked before delivery and that he would take care of any problems if they arise, no questions asked (free transport which is several hundred bucks right there). The dealer has been highly recommended by several people I know (and members here) and is known to "do what it takes to keep the customers business".

I am completely satisfied and can't wait to play, I mean, work with the tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bonehead

/ How Many Hours on a "New" Tractor? #8  

BoneheadNW

My new Zetor tractor had 5 hours on it when I bought it. Most new tractors will have a few hours on them when you buy it from people trying them out just like new cars and trucks will have a few miles on them when you buy them.

Cabinholler

/ How Many Hours on a "New" Tractor? #9  

Congratulations on your NEW purchase, and I do mean new. 13 hours is nothing for an engine that will probably get 5,000 hours before a major overhaul. You've purchased a fine tractor and I know you'll be very happy with it.
Mine arrived at my dealers in its crate the day after I made the deal, so it didn't really have any hours on it, maybe 1 hour of testing at the factory. But I wouldn't have had a problem with 13 hours as long as it wasn't banged, dented, scratched etc.
John