How many of you wear helmets when running your side by side UTV?

/ How many of you wear helmets when running your side by side UTV? #11  
Nope don't wear one on my Rhino, rarely ride my Grizzly and if I do, very slowly, no real excuse.

/ How many of you wear helmets when running your side by side UTV? #12  
I have to admit I rarely wear a helmut on the 4 wheeler. Not good since I complain when my son doesn't wear his. Funny, he will wear a helmut religiously on the dirt bike but rarely on the 4 wheeler.

You don't need the helmut until you do.

MoKelly

/ How many of you wear helmets when running your side by side UTV? #14  
Sometimes it pays to stop and remember that 50% of the people in this country have an IQ of less than 100.

/ How many of you wear helmets when running your side by side UTV? #15  
I only wear a helmet when riding motorcycles.

/ How many of you wear helmets when running your side by side UTV? #16  
I never wear a helmet on the RTV. If the ATV is used for tooling around the yard, hunting, etc. no helmet. I have went out trail riding a few times with the ATV, then I wore a helmet.

Will

/ How many of you wear helmets when running your side by side UTV?
Well, looks like most folks do not wear helmets on their UTVs. It also looks like most folks don't try to pull the gyrations you see on the commercials or websites....which is probably a good thing!

Thank you for your responses

/ How many of you wear helmets when running your side by side UTV? #18  
Not my story, but one worth repeating from another site. Helmets are one thing, UTV's and roll cages another.

The short version is that i was going down hill 20% grade on an "S" bend.

Had a full 16 gallon sprayer tank in bed that slammed into right bed side.

RTV went over on drivers side and roof/roll bar landed on my chest on down hill slope.

Broke ribs at sternum and got a grade 5 out of 6 liver laceration. (6 means you're dead).

Broke both bones right forearm lifting rtv off me as I couldn't breathe due to roll bar weight.
Don't remember lifting it off just that i was out from underneath.

Spent a week in trauma icu and 3 months learning to use my reconstructed stainless steel reinforced arm.

RTV is over 10 years old not lifted but has slightly larger off road tires. Never had an accident like this, never been in hospital or broke anything before. Please don't feel bad for me as I'm great now and this near death incident inspired me to get my bucket list going (like leaving the sorry state of calif). As an engineer i would caution you all to consider the COG and the effect of side stability of you vehicles whenever driving. Heavily Padding the seat rails is recommended as well as always wearing your seat belts. I would not transport smaller folks with out belts AND side safety curtains. Lastly I never thought it could happen to me.

If this reminder helps one person avoid this kind of injury I'll be very happy.

/ How many of you wear helmets when running your side by side UTV? #19  
16 gallon sprayer caused an RTV to roll over? I just don't believe it.

As for wearing a helmet, it's never even crossed my mind. I don't own one and never thought about getting one. My 70 year old mom drives it more then anybody, but I'll let kids drive it or just about anybody who wants to. It's a Kawasaki Mule and not some fast off roader, so there isn't any fear of going to fast or rolling it. Kind of a fancy golf cart.

Eddie

/ How many of you wear helmets when running your side by side UTV?
16 gallon sprayer caused an RTV to roll over? I just don't believe it.

Eddie

16 gallons of water weigh about 134 lbs...that, plus the weight of the sprayer (and the UTV operator), plus the slope and speed...I can see it happening.