How many of you....

/ How many of you.... #1  

Greyfields

Silver Member
So, how many of you have a field/pasture you've nicknamed "Armageddon"? Because, I have one. I thought I'd be clever and brush hog it to see how the land looked after the 10 years of neglect was removed. It took every ounce of my 4WD to get out of there alive.

I think I'll let Armageddon be for now, and won't taunt it or mock it from afar. It's put fear into me.

/ How many of you.... #3  
Hmm, sounds like someone just found a reason to buy a bigger tractor. :D

/ How many of you.... #4  
I did...mother nature had good start in reclaiming along w/rocks growing,soooo D3 Cat did her thing and now mowing not a pain.

/ How many of you.... #6  
Greyfields said:
So, how many of you have a field/pasture you've nicknamed "Armageddon"? Because, I have one. I thought I'd be clever and brush hog it to see how the land looked after the 10 years of neglect was removed. It took every ounce of my 4WD to get out of there alive.

I think I'll let Armageddon be for now, and won't taunt it or mock it from afar. It's put fear into me.

Bigger tractor, bigger brush hog! got any homemade napalm?

/ How many of you.... #7  
Hmm... this wasn't one of those "paper towel" fields that were "harvested" years ago by a crew of D9's??

Do you 'spose the rental charges for a D4 are tax deductible?

AKfish

/ How many of you.... #8  
Greyfields said:

Maybe not armageddon but I have a field that has some animals living in it that I do not know what they are. They leave mounds about 1.5' in diameter of black soil. There are no trenches like moles but they have mounds. They can dig them in just one night. Over time these land mines have really made it rough in that field. I have the grass/alfalfa under control but it is like mowing on the surface of the game moon patrol from the 80s. Whatthe heck animals are they????