How many of your friends do NOT have tractors?

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #72  
Most all - only 2 do have a tractor.

Last edited:
   / How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #73  
We have lived on our 90 acres (Sierra Nevada foothills) for 36 years. For the first half of that time we did not own a tractor so what we could do to improve the place and tackle projects and make things easier was minimal. Then we got a tractor and what we could do and have done increased exponentially - we often wonder how we got along without it. So, your question about how everyone with some acreage not owning a tractor is the correct question. To live here now without a tractor is unimaginable - or at least I don't want to think about it.
Same for us when we bought our property. We didn't have a tractor the first year and clearing brush was a major pain in the back. The tractor made the task so much easier plus we use it for other things (mowing, tilling, etc.) that we wouldn't be able to do if we didn't have it.

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #74  
Around here, these "traction engines" are widely referred to as tractors;
5b94120406fbb8553ed33bf1d97f4033.jpg

Yes? No? Maybe?

In my book if it is capable of tillage, it is a tractor. (i.e. not a skid steer) Too limited?

All the best, Peter
They were definitely known as tractors. Then someone brainstormed and added a front blade. Then they became known as dozers. :)

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #75  
Being from the ag industry, I might call 40 or 50 hp tractors a tractor. Below that is a garden machine. 🤔
My 22hp JD can carry an FEL, front snow blade, 3pt carry a blade, tiller, tote box, etc. Would you consider that a garden machine? It's never saw a garden. :)

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #76  
   / How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #77  
Ooppss, missed that. Sorry. My JD bare weight is around 1,800lbs.
About the weight of a Farmall Cub. Either way, none of my friends have tractors. All of my neighbors do. Hmm. Most of us around keep to ourselves. If I needed equipment, there's favors I can call.

Last edited:
   / How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #79  
Around here, these "traction engines" are widely referred to as tractors;
5b94120406fbb8553ed33bf1d97f4033.jpg

Yes? No? Maybe?

In my book if it is capable of tillage, it is a tractor. (i.e. not a skid steer) Too limited?

All the best, Peter
Need to hook a plow behind that little D2 and put her to work!

/ How many of your friends do NOT have tractors? #80  
Being from the ag industry, I might call 40 or 50 hp tractors a tractor. Below that is a garden machine. 🤔
I think my BX with a diesel engine, FEL, 3PH and more horsepower than a Ford 8N has, would qualify as a tractor. ;)