How many small square bales can a cargo van hold?

/ How many small square bales can a cargo van hold? #11  
Everyone knows a small hay bale is 450 mm x 375 mm x 900 mm, sheesh! ;)
images.jpeg

/ How many small square bales can a cargo van hold? #14  
The 18” x 15” might be standard among popular baler manufacturers, but the bale length on baler I’ve seen is adjustable, and results vary within that setting.

/ How many small square bales can a cargo van hold?
I should have been more clear. I use normal sized square bales, usually around 50 pound bales. I will stack them from floor to ceiling. I used to have a cargo van that I used for livestock and other things, but I never put bales in it. I'm guessing it'll hold at least 20 bales, but I'm not sure. At this point we're trying decide if we want a pick up truck or a full sized cargo van. When I had my dairy goat farm I had 2 pick ups and a cargo van, so I never used the cargo van for hay, but now we downsized, and I only want either a cargo van or pick up, and we're trying to decide which would be best. We also have an antique business, so the cargo van is more useful for that, but is it decent for transporting hay?? Having 2 pick ups with trailers was good, because I used to make my own hay and sell it, but now I buy hay, since I only have 8 acres now.

/ How many small square bales can a cargo van hold? #16  
   / How many small square bales can a cargo van hold? #17  
At this point we're trying decide if we want a pick up truck or a full sized cargo van. When I had my dairy goat farm I had 2 pick ups and a cargo van, so I never used the cargo van for hay, but now we downsized, and I only want either a cargo van or pick up, and we're trying to decide which would be best. We also have an antique business, so the cargo van is more useful for that, but is it decent for transporting hay??
Why not a van with a trailer? I own a small resort, not a ranch, but still my vehicle sees many uses. I held on to my F-250 out of uncertainty when I bought the van. After a year and 1/2 discovering the van unmatched versatility I've decided to sell the F-250. I do have a couple trailers, but don't believe they see much more use than before the van became my primary work horse.

/ How many small square bales can a cargo van hold? #18  
I should have been more clear. I use normal sized square bales, usually around 50 pound bales. I will stack them from floor to ceiling. I used to have a cargo van that I used for livestock and other things, but I never put bales in it. I'm guessing it'll hold at least 20 bales, but I'm not sure. At this point we're trying decide if we want a pick up truck or a full sized cargo van. When I had my dairy goat farm I had 2 pick ups and a cargo van, so I never used the cargo van for hay, but now we downsized, and I only want either a cargo van or pick up, and we're trying to decide which would be best. We also have an antique business, so the cargo van is more useful for that, but is it decent for transporting hay?? Having 2 pick ups with trailers was good, because I used to make my own hay and sell it, but now I buy hay, since I only have 8 acres now.
The only thing normal size is the 14x18 for small squares. Length can vary drastically from seller to seller and will be in the 28-38 inches. Any of those lengths can be around 50 lbs. Use a truck. With an 8ft. bed and stacked properly will hold 50 bales. 6ft approx. 40. Cargo guessing is half that.

Had a van pick up hay here but don't remember how many but cleaning out the mess as well as hard to load and unload would make me want a truck bed.

/ How many small square bales can a cargo van hold? #19  
We have owned our 2008, Sprinter 2500 since new. This is a pre blue fluid user. At one time there was an I-4 diesel & if ordered a V6 gas. But the main power unit is the V6 diesel.

They have 2 tow basic wheel lengths, ours is the standard 144. However there is a 170 inch length that also can have the extended (near) 2 ft ad on after the rear axle additional.
Then there is the roof height. We have the tall at just over 9 ft from pavement up. The standard will allow a 5'6'' person to walk around up right.

Keep in mind the Sprinter now has a 1500. Not familiar w/ this newer addition to their line up.

Our 144 2500 tall roof will tow 5,000 lb & came w/ a very find 2'' tow receiver. Average fuel usage is about 18-20 mpg. Only real down side, is the Sprinter does not take to sitting around.

Keep in mind most of these vans now don't come w/ a metal divider between driver area & cargo area. That might be a consideration in any van used for long hauling.

There is also the Fiat now under the RAM Pro Line label. V6 gas only. We see about the same as the Sprinter on the road here. Mostly used by the trades men in our area.

/ How many small square bales can a cargo van hold? #20  
Why not a van with a trailer? I own a small resort, not a ranch, but still my vehicle sees many uses. I held on to my F-250 out of uncertainty when I bought the van. After a year and 1/2 discovering the van unmatched versatility I've decided to sell the F-250. I do have a couple trailers, but don't believe they see much more use than before the van became my primary work horse.
That's a very good idea. We also had a full-size 3/4 ton van conversion. We bought a car hauler trailer to move the tractor around. It also moves furniture, firewood, and would move hay bales as well, I'm guessing. We eventually sold the van and switched to Suburbans. Very versatile. ;)