How many still have a Landline in their home?

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #101  
If my local cell towers go out……im nearly out of luck. If im at home i can call over my internet(microwave), but if thats out too, im in dead zone.

our local tower is generator backed up. I have no landline as copper is broken underground and they wont repair it (zipply fiber).

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #102  
I long for the day that nobody wants to call me. Because there is certainly no one I need to call.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #103  
If my local cell towers go out……im nearly out of luck. If im at home i can call over my internet(microwave), but if thats out too, im in dead zone.

our local tower is generator backed up. I have no landline as copper is broken underground and they wont repair it (zipply fiber).
our tower was genset backed up too, until the tornado wiped it all off the face of the earth. Took several months to get cell coverage back in the area, and it's not as good as it was prior.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #104  
Looks like the nail in the coffin for Landline is here.

Just received official notice ATT is seeking “Relief” as Carrier of Last Resort (COLR)

Upon regulatory approval ATT will provide minimum of 6 months continuation service.

Several of the longtime homeowners here have never had Internet with some going back 60+ years with original POTS.

The deal was the telecoms would serve all but the deal may be no more.

Still have several functioning rotary dial phones… no batteries required…

Same here for all of northern Nevada...ATT claims it is costing them a lot of money as so few people use landlines these days so ATT wants to discontinue the service entirely. Problem is, some remote areas have landline only, no cell towers.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #106  
I was resisting getting rid of my LL. Everybody in my life has this number, friends , businesses, government, DR, etc.
Pain in the backside to update everyone.
Finally it got up to $60/month. Nothing extra except call display.
I called my provider and told them to cancel.
"Would I stay if they came up with a package for me?"
Well, I got the service with some extras for $5.50.
I still have a LL.
Annoyed that as a customer for 20+ years I still have to chase them down to get deals.
My cell is very basic, $25/month. Unlimited local calling and text, 360 min long distance and data which I hardly use.
Between the 2 it's all covered for a little over $30/month.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home?
Same here for all of northern Nevada...ATT claims it is costing them a lot of money as so few people use landlines these days so ATT wants to discontinue the service entirely. Problem is, some remote areas have landline only, no cell towers.
Same in parts of CA along the coast.

Lots of concessions were made to roll.out telephone service and now the Telco no longer wants to be bound.

I found out in Washington that fiber was under no specific obligation to provide service but telephone yes... but only required for voice.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #109  
And get the PDF free download of, Lights Out. ;) An easy to read, packed full of 'what ifs' and possible outcomes.
Common title. Do you recall the author ?

Rgds, D.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #110  
My cell service is too spotty. Stuck with landline. Have a rotary phone laying around somewhere. May have to plug it in for fun.
I have no cell service in the house and no landline available. Fortunately I have good internet and use wifi calling.