How many still have a Landline in their home?

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #141  
Landline? Whats that? 🤣 Havent had one for at least 15 years

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #142  
I still have a land line, have had it since September of '74. I too keep it as I still have occasion to send and receive faxes. I rarely get spam calls, but once every day it rings, and no one is on the other end.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #143  
I still have a land line, have had it since September of '74. I too keep it as I still have occasion to send and receive faxes. I rarely get spam calls, but once every day it rings, and no one is on the other end.
I think those are probably spam calls. They don't want to waste their labor having someone just sit there while the dialer calls a series of numbers until it finds someone who answers. So the machine works independently. When someone answers the phone, it will transfer it to an available person. If all the workers are taking other calls, you just receive a call with no one there.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #145  
Land lines are becoming things of the past. I worked as a lineman for one of the largest companies in the US and they have an active goal to eliminate them. If a line is broken, they won't repair it so if you still have one, pray nothing happens to it. For other customers, they are raising the fees for the analog line to a price most can't or won't want to pay for. I had to disconnect one older fellers line because my company raised the price for his analog line to $750 a month. He was furious too because he said he had that line for over 40 years but he wasn't paying $750 a month for a telephone line..... The infrastructure is old, very old, and they are moving towards fiber optic lines everywhere.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #146  
landline only way to go..

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #147  
Maybe the Amish will put a cell phone out in their phone booth.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #148  
We have a landline in Northern CA. Keep it mostly to receive info on any fire emergency in the area.

Just received a notice that AT&T has petitioned the CA Public Utilities Commission to be relieved from the obligation to provide land line service in our area. So it looks like that service is doomed with the clock ticking.

We use Starlink for internet and voice communication. But I have neighbors that still only have a landline plus DSL. So they are going to go dark soon both for voice and data.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #149  
Forty two years - never had a land line. Too expensive. Back when we moved here ( 1982 ) it would have cost $32K+. We started with a Motorola Bag phone and a very large Cat battery for power. We now have one of those "high tech" cell phones with limited connection/service.

Folks talk about getting - 5G. I'd be happy with consistent - 2G.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home?
We have a landline in Northern CA. Keep it mostly to receive info on any fire emergency in the area.

Just received a notice that AT&T has petitioned the CA Public Utilities Commission to be relieved from the obligation to provide land line service in our area. So it looks like that service is doomed with the clock ticking.

We use Starlink for internet and voice communication. But I have neighbors that still only have a landline plus DSL. So they are going to go dark soon both for voice and data.
I wonder if any concession will be extracted if petition granted?

Telephone companies are granted special exemptions and treatment for the right to do business with no discussion of an end date...

I did a poll of my neighborhood and about 50% still have landline service... mostly longtime residents and about half of those do not have anything but landline as cell not viable.

Maybe a condition of granting the petition is s minimum service standard in communities served?

My phone line is underground as is power...