How many times have you rearranged your barn?

/ How many times have you rearranged your barn? #1  

Tpondel

Bronze Member
Tractor
Deere 3033r
Today, for the who knows how many times, pulled everything out. Tractor, attachments, classic cars, whatever.

Put them all outside then thought ... "bet it would fit better this way." Then proceeded to rearrange the place. ( it actually does look better).

But laughed later thinking how many times I've done this.

/ How many times have you rearranged your barn? #2  
Next time buy a forklift and some pallet racking!

/ How many times have you rearranged your barn? #3  
A small 5k pound capacity forklift with pneumatic dirt tires is one of the handiest most used pieces of equipment on the ranch.
Way better than forks on the SS or tractor.

/ How many times have you rearranged your barn? #4  
I do this about once a year —- primarily to clean out the barn and blow out all the “stuff” that gets inside over the fall/winter.

Then / like you - think there is a better arrangement.

But - when I’m done it seems most stuff is back in the same place!

/ How many times have you rearranged your barn? #6  
I do this about once a year —- primarily to clean out the barn and blow out all the “stuff” that gets inside over the fall/winter.

Then / like you - think there is a better arrangement.

But - when I’m done it seems most stuff is back in the same place!
That sounds exactly like my experience during most years. About 5 years ago, I pulled everything out to concrete the gravel floor. Oh my, 14 years of junk accumulation and 4H animal stuff. While everything was out, I reduced the junk load considerably; either selling usable but unneeded stuff or tossing it in the 15’ roll off dumpster that I rented. Now I have kept the junk load down, but still need to use the leaf blower and water hose to clean out dust, dirt, and chicken feathers quarterly. I found that the overall arrangement can’t be improved on, so I don’t change that.

/ How many times have you rearranged your barn? #7  
Every spring and fall to rearrange equipment for summer or winter use.

In spring pull out land scape rake, rotary mower, tandem disc, etc. then put snow blower in first and other implements in sequence of use as best you can. Repeat in fall to get snow blower out.

Agree with buckeye on are you supposed to clean them…

/ How many times have you rearranged your barn? #8  
This desperately needs done to my FILs barn but I'm a bit overwhelmed at the thought. I've been considering putting in racks for storing implements.

/ How many times have you rearranged your barn? #9  
You guys do it on purpose, seems like that is what I do when I can't find something I KNOW I have somewhere.

/ How many times have you rearranged your barn? #10  
Every spring and fall to rearrange equipment for summer or winter use.

In spring pull out land scape rake, rotary mower, tandem disc, etc. then put snow blower in first and other implements in sequence of use as best you can. Repeat in fall to get snow blower out.

Agree with buckeye on are you supposed to clean them…
Same here, just not the tandem disc.