how much does it weigh, was 400cx lift cap

/ how much does it weigh, was 400cx lift cap #1  

Cidertom

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4520, 2305 Aktive snow-trac ST4
Building kids playground. Bought 2, 27inch ID concrete pipes each 7'6'' long. 3 inch walls. The 400CX with 4 in 1 just wouldn't quite do it. I dropped some tare weight by going to forks and it was able to pick up the pipe. I have filled rear tires, BH, and about 250 lb of lead bricks in the BH bucket when I picked the second one. The first pipe was just the tractor and BH, I added the bricks for the second as the first was too light on the rear end. It didn't want to raise using the boom, but it did, slowly, very slowly. Pipe place said the pipes should weigh in about 375 lb. per foot giving around 2800 each. Even assuming JD under-rated the lift, that seems a tad high. Anyone have better numbers on expected weight?

In any event, seems like a good capacity to me.

TEW

Attachments

• 27inch.JPG
    27inch.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 530
   / how much does it weigh, was 400cx lift cap #2  
Normal weight concrete weighs about 4000 lb. per cubic yard. Lightweight concrete weighs about 3000 lb. per cubic yard

So if it is a real 3" thk wall you are in fact looking at a bit over 2700 LBS.

I need to try something like that with my L-39.

/ how much does it weigh, was 400cx lift cap #3  
It's good to have the tools to do the job. much better then asking for help.:)

/ how much does it weigh, was 400cx lift cap #4  
Cidertom said:
It didn't want to raise using the boom, but it did, slowly, very slowly. Pipe place said the pipes should weigh in about 375 lb. per foot giving around 2800 each. Even assuming JD under-rated the lift, that seems a tad high. Anyone have better numbers on expected weight?

In any event, seems like a good capacity to me.

TEW

I'm not sure what your question is exactly but check out this link for the lift capacity of your loader
It seems to me that since that the pipe put so much weight so far from the pivot points that you were lucky to have lifted the pipe. The weight of the pipe is slightly more than the max rating for your loader with a fork. Nothing runs like a Deere!
Marshall

/ how much does it weigh, was 400cx lift cap
Mostly a question about how real the weight of the pipe was. It is std concrete not LW.

From the balancing act, I guess JD was serious about ballast requirements...
From the FEL book: Rear tires filled, 6 wheel weights and 1100 lbs minimum weight on the 3 pt.

The real fun started later when I was trying to get the two pipes to mate.