Dealer How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer?

/ How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer? #1  

joerocker

Silver Member
Tractor
Farm Pro 2420
The local dealer wants $5000 for a MF-135 with 2150 hrs. It's a 1968. The back tire has some cuts and the fronts are pretty worn. The PTO stops when it gets warmed up but he said he'll fix that. Otherwise it seems OK, for a 37 year old tractor.

So, am I being suckered?

This is in SE Alabama.

/ How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer? #2  
Joe, That all depends on #1 is it a perkins diesel? and how does the sheet metal look? new seat cushion? draft control , 4 spd. trans with dual range, Oh and a big one power steering?

If it has all the above and runs great and doesn't burn oil , paint looks good, Could be a fair deal... This particular tractor is a somewhat highly sought after ,and a nice one can bring good money... very dependable unit... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Good luck in your search!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer? #3  
I wouldn't worry much on if it were gas or deisel, you'll be happy with either.
Most of those had a 3 speed trans, dual range and some had Multi-power which basicly made it 12 forward 4 reverse speeds.

The PTO not workings what gets me, what is the problem with it?

/ How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer? #4  
I'll second that! The gasser is just as good as the diesel version. It's small enough that it ISN'T a gas hog. I've seen gassers go 15000 hours without major work. (Just a tad bit more "routine maint." than the diesels)

/ How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer?
The dealer thinks its a PTO clutch and said he'd fix it.

It has NO power steering...

Otherwise it looks good for a 37 year old and it started right up.

So, what should I offer him? $4000?

/ How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer? #6  
He wants $5000, $4000 would be a good buy. I'd venture a guess, he won't go that low. If I was BUYING, I'd want to give no more than $4500 for a real good 135. If I was SELLING, I'd expect to go no lower than $4500 to $4600. He's got a good seller there. No need to let it go too cheap.

/ How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer? #7  
Dad tried selling his MF-135 gas outright for $4,000 and didn't get any serious bites on it. It is an awesome tractor and did everything we asked of it but when I got the new Kubota dad couldn't justify keeping it since he only has an acre of land.
With that said, he kept it instead of basically giving it away. Sat out at my house all summer and fired right off when we were using the two tractors together to dig out for my basketball court and pool. He'll take it home for snow removal in the winter months.

/ How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer? #8  
I just sold my trusty 135, 1974, 2550 hrs., 4/2 trans, draft, decent rubber, Perkins, PS, good running gear, fair tin, and basically NO paint for $3,600. The guy was happy to get it and I thought it was a fair price. Painted up I would have asked another $6-800. Very reliable machine and great for mowing, seeding, haying, etc. Partly I think he wanted a 135 because he'd heard on forums like this that they were a good unit. His first tractor. Jim

/ How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It has NO power steering...
....................looks good for a 37 year old and it started right up.

So, what should I offer him? $4000? )</font>

I wouldn't worry about power steering at all, our doesn't have it and it turns as easy as any tractor with power steering I have ever used, they don't have a heavy front end to them so it isn't bad.
If it starts right up and runs smooth then it sounds good. What engine does it have? I know you said it is gas but they had two engines that went in them, the weakest was a 3-cyl. gas that put out the least HP and torque of the 3 engines (2-gas and 1-deisel). The deisel is in the middle and then they also had a 4-cyl gas (Continental Z-145 engine) that had the most HP and equal or slightly more torque than the deisel model. Somewhere right around 45 engine horse on the Z-145 engine. If it has that one then I woudln't hesitate on $5000 for it.

/ How much for a MF-135 w/2150 hrs from a dealer? #10  
I bought a very 'used' 135 Diesel over 2 years ago. It is a 1970 model that had over 6000 hrs on the engine. Sheet metal was bad and it needed rear tires. Paid 1800 hundred for it. Other then replacing the tires I have done nothing major to it and it just runs and runs. Oil pressure is a bit low when hot but the engine doesn't use any oil. I've spent some time doing tlc on it, paint, adjustments etc. I use it to mow 3 acres, grade for a steel building and front yard, plow snow, disk and grade a 1/4 dirt oval, drag logs and countless other things. It is a pleasure to work on and parts are plentiful. Use less fuel per hour then my 13 hp garden tractor ! I plan to eventually rebuild the engine but I am in no hurry as it runs so strong. With the used mower, frontend loader and new tires, rear blade, dirt scoop I have about 3500 in it. It is the best 3500 I have ever spent. Great tractor. PS. get the CD from Big Dean, worth triple its weight in gold !!!!