How much tractor for my existing attachments?

/ How much tractor for my existing attachments? #21  
I am not sure any 4020 has reached its economic life if you look at the value they are priced at. If you guys are getting rid of one I am interested especially with the power shift transmission. My brother and his sons still run my Dad's out on the farm. use it all the time and it runs great - not sure how many hours because the meter has been broken for years but it has to be over 20,000. They also have a 4450 with 22,500 hours that they use every day for feeding cattle and various other jobs. They also have some newer greenies but they are not proving near as reliable as these old ones.

/ How much tractor for my existing attachments?
Thanks for the advice, guys- looks like I'm shopping for a 70hp or larger 4wd tractor!

Not necessarily saying you need a 70hp tractor, but out of the options listed, that would be the choice. An M5060 or JD 5055e would probably fit your needs as well.

Now I've come across a Kubota M9540 at a dealer about 50 miles away, with 4WD, a loader and 500 hrs. listed at $30,000. It is overall a much cleaner tractor that the M7040 I'm looking at for $27,000 less. And while the7040's owner is firm on his price, I believe the dealer with the 9540 will move a bit.

Dang this is a slippery slope.... I've gone from "how much tractor is enough" to "is this too much tractor!"