How Much Trailer Do YOu Need?

/ How Much Trailer Do YOu Need? #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
Now I'm a believer in having a big enough trailer to safely handle the load, especially if the load is a tractor, but this is one I saw today in Ardmore, OK, and I think it might be just a tiny bit of overkill.

Attachments

• 857034-P4020001 (Small).JPG
    857034-P4020001 (Small).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 494
   / How Much Trailer Do YOu Need? #2  
I don't see any grade 70 tiedown chains. As a matter of fact, I don't see any tiedowns at all!!! If that thing flew off at 70MPH, the driver wouldn't know it until he got to the destination.

/ How Much Trailer Do YOu Need? #3  
I would agree, unless it's made of depleated uranium or somthing...

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How Much Trailer Do YOu Need? #4  
Im a little worried that the tractor is not centered over the axles... Or is that not needed with the gooseneck? LOL

/ How Much Trailer Do YOu Need? #5  
Maybe the tires are filled thus the need for a beefier trailer. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Norm

/ How Much Trailer Do YOu Need? #6  
The last time the dealer picked my tractor up for warranty work they used their big semi type roll back for my little 24. Looked kinda of funny up on that big semi. What had happened was they had to deliver a big tractor so on the flip side they picked my tractor up. I told him I thought they were overloaded. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif When they brought it back they used their F350 rollback.

/ How Much Trailer Do YOu Need?
Lewis, right after I snapped that picture and was driving off, the guy came walking out to the trailer with something in his hands. I can't be sure, but it looked like an electrical extension cord and a piece of rope; don't know whether that was what he was going to use for tie downs or not. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ How Much Trailer Do YOu Need? #8  
I sure hope he used the extension cord. I wouldn't trust the rope myself. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Reminds me of a day in a third world country when I was driving behind a road crew in a truck pulling a hot tar trailer. When I passed the truck/trailer after about 5 miles of being behind, I glanced at the trailer to truck "hitch". It was a wire coat hanger. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ How Much Trailer Do YOu Need? #9  
Most of the landscape guys around here don't bother to tie down their equipment at all. All those expensive ZTR's just set with the park brake on.........