How to add Duals rear tire to Yanmar1610D

/ How to add Duals rear tire to Yanmar1610D #1  

yanmar1610d

Tractor
Yanmar1610D
I would like to know if anyone on here has added dual to their Yanmar1610D? Would like to add duals to my little Yanmar to make the tractor wider and for stability. I already have two sets of tires with rims. Would like to find a good way to mount them to each other.

/ How to add Duals rear tire to Yanmar1610D #2  
   / How to add Duals rear tire to Yanmar1610D #4  
I still have the adapters and wheels to convert to dual rear wheels. The rims are 24" I can check the bolt pattern if you are interested.
Dave

/ How to add Duals rear tire to Yanmar1610D #5  
it seems strange to me that this keeps coming up in posts. I have never thought to dual my Yanmar nor could i really see a benefit to it? I know what its for but dont think the duals will help that much before you just bog out.

/ How to add Duals rear tire to Yanmar1610D #6  
it seems strange to me that this keeps coming up in posts. I have never thought to dual my Yanmar nor could i really see a benefit to it? I know what its for but dont think the duals will help that much before you just bog out.

I'm not sure how much they would help in a 1610 because I'm not sure how much HP is available. The duals came with my 240D but i've never used them. Last summer I was digging clay trying to level a pad for a pole barn and could have used the extra traction/flotation of the duals. The extra wheels were in Illinois but I was using the tractor at my summer place on Ontario Canada. My 240D has enough power to benefit from the duals in some instances. Most important fact is they would LOOK COOL.:D
Dave

/ How to add Duals rear tire to Yanmar1610D #7  
I had duals on a small 2wd garden tractor. the inboard were loaded and the outer had wheel weights and chains. I needed all that weight so it didn't float but the tippiness was all but eliminated. It felt like I had outriggers. However, I did learn the hard way that with all of that weight and traction the front was very light. I actually had to weld a workout barbell and attached plates about 2 feet forward of the grill. It looked pretty foolish but it never flipped backwards on me again.

/ How to add Duals rear tire to Yanmar1610D #8  
Yea i would think it would help traction. Rven my ym2000 looses traction before power sometimes but i would think it would float and need more weight just to allow those tires to bite and make that traction availible. There is only so much weight availible for traction on these tractors and i would think larger single tires might be better? It seems like you would lessen the weight per tire which is good to not tear stuff up but when trying to get traction on a light tractor may not help the matter any as there is only so much weight per tire to get tration from. Kind of like a dually that get stuck in wet grass but a SRW truck can drive over the same spot.

/ How to add Duals rear tire to Yanmar1610D
I am wanting to install them to give my little Yanmar to add more width to it. I am hoping this will make it a little harder to flip over on unleveled ground.

/ How to add Duals rear tire to Yanmar1610D
Check and get back with me.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

1981 PETERBILT 359 (A32908)
1981 PETERBILT 359...
Hooten 10MFT Trough (A33041)
Hooten 10MFT...
2002 EzGo Golf Cart (A33526)
2002 EzGo Golf...
SKIDSTEER BOLT ON TRACK SYSTEM (A32908)
SKIDSTEER BOLT ON...
1978 45' DRY VAN TRAILER (A33544)