how to bypass seat safety switch

/ how to bypass seat safety switch #1  

NHbills

Tractor
john deere 790 tractor
I have a john deere 790 tractor and have a broken wire to the seat safety switch. can I strip all the wires and tie them together to make a bypass?

/ how to bypass seat safety switch #2  
:welcome:
To the forum from Alabama. You should be able to but do you really want to? It is there for a safety reason.

/ how to bypass seat safety switch #3  
I am not gonna pubically recommend anyone disable a seat safety. But it isnt hard to do,

Why not find the wire that is broken and repair it?

/ how to bypass seat safety switch #4  
I got tired of the engine dying whenever I stood up for a better view of my FEL so my seat switch wires are now shorted together..(the switch broke)

/ how to bypass seat safety switch #5  
If you have a broken wire to the switch where you tie all (both) the wires together makes a difference. It doesn't do any good to tie them together at the switch if the wire is broken.

/ how to bypass seat safety switch #6  
A lot depends if it is a NO or NC circuit.
NO going to ground would be the easiest. Short feed to ground or connect the two leads together.

(Naturally it is assumed that you are doing this for test purposes only.)

On mine the switch had a male and female so I simply join them to bypass and taking them apart acts like a kill switch to fool thieves. My circuit is a NC one. (none on my seat, only a neutral position for starting)

/ how to bypass seat safety switch #8  
If your worried about safety, Wire in a toggle switch under the seat rather than the pressure sensor. Otherwise scrap the pressure switch. It should be a positive wire , when you sit on the seat the switch activates and current flows through the other wire.