How to disconnect NX travel pedal potentiome wire harness

/ How to disconnect NX travel pedal potentiome wire harness #1  

DieselBound

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800; Kioti NX5510HC
Not real obvious how this connector separates. I've poked and prodded but am concerned about tugging too hard. Looking for guidance.

wireharness.jpg

/ How to disconnect NX travel pedal potentiome wire harness #2  
Don't know, but those black rings you can see through the plastic in the middle of the connector are gaskets on the male portion, so from that you can tell where and how far it goes in to the socket.

/ How to disconnect NX travel pedal potentiome wire harness #3  
BTW, this type of connector is known as a Deutsche connector or Weather Pack connector. Maybe you can google that and look at the images for more ideas.

/ How to disconnect NX travel pedal potentiome wire harness
Yeah, I wadded through hundreds of photos of connectors and wasn't able to find the exact thing. I gave up and removed the bracket with the potentiometers from the large pedal bracket; and, I have to say, you really don't want to do this as the stupid little links that go from the pedals to the potentiometers are a HUGE pain in the rear to connect back up with the bracket on the tractor: there's tiny washers , including some squishy rubber, almost foam like, and tiny clips, all barely viewable through the hoses and everything. Doing this all outside, on the ground, didn't make it any more enjoyable. But, at least I have the tractor working again: and now I am certain this is all now a thing of the past.

I have an inquiry into the dealer about this, so when I hear back I'll post it here.