How to level front end loader arms

/ How to level front end loader arms #21  
The arms on my John Deere (model 3032) front end loader (model D) are not level; the left side is slightly higher than the right side. This makes it hard to use the front end load to level, as well as using the fork lift attachment effectively.

Is there a youtube video out there that shows how to adjust the left/right level of the arms?

And yes, the tires are properly inflated...
more than likely the torsion tube connecting the 2 arms has been twisted slightly so that the arms are not exactly aligned. in my own case, this condition was caused by one of the arm lock down levers not being fully engaged to the bucket, putting undue load on the opposite side, thereby twisting the torsion tube.

i corrected this a few times by putting pressure (down) on the side that is higher than the other...i won't go into detail how i did it, but it's a matter of applying pressure to the misaligned side thereby twisting the tube back to the correct alignment.
i now bungee both bucket lock down levers to prevent the condition. good luck

Last edited:
   / How to level front end loader arms #22  
Then why would they only print on the tire sidewall the size of 11.2 x 24 and not the actual tire size? What is the size I run on my L2550DT when the Kubota manual says tire size is 11.2x 24? Seems strange that they can make whatever size they feel like and call it 11.2 x 24 because it fits the rim.
So a better sizing by Kubota would be an 11.2 x 24 with a tire circumference of XXX inches so you match front to rear axle ratio of a 4WD.

I didn't make the specs, although it makes sense to me that the most important thing about tire sizing is to fit the tire to the wheel. Everything else is dependent on the application, and the tire manufacturer has no control over that. You're asking for the impossible.

You are the one who originally asked the question because you didn't understand how and why tires are sized - and so were mistaking inside measurements for outside measurements. I'm the one trying to help you understand how to read tire specs.

BTW, you match front to rear axle ratio by rolling circumference (it's in the specs) NOT by static circumference.

rScotty

/ How to level front end loader arms #23  
how i did it, but it's a matter of applying pressure to the misaligned side thereby twisting the tube back to the correct alignment.
until something goes "SNAP!"

/ How to level front end loader arms #24  
The funny part (according to this thread) is the difference between how tractor tires are sized and car tires..... My Jeep has 11 X 31 X 15 which is 11 inch tread width and a 31 inch diameter on a 15 inch wheel....

/ How to level front end loader arms #25  
The funny part (according to this thread) is the difference between how tractor tires are sized and car tires..... My Jeep has 11 X 31 X 15 which is 11 inch tread width and a 31 inch diameter on a 15 inch wheel....
I'm surprised to see the size in inches thinking most tires are listed with at least the width in metric.

/ How to level front end loader arms #26  
until something goes "SNAP!"yes
yes indeed, not a good option i agree. the dealership wanted around 1k to cut & replace the tube, plus transport. some also saw the tube in 2 then realign & weld, definitely a $ saver over replacement
an unattached lever on one side is usually the culprit. once it happens & corrected, it is weakened & more susceptible to that condition again if not careful.... good luck to the OP

/ How to level front end loader arms #27  
yes indeed, not a good option i agree. the dealership wanted around 1k to cut & replace the tube, plus transport. some also saw the tube in 2 then realign & weld, definitely a $ saver over replacement
an unattached lever on one side is usually the culprit. once it happens & corrected, it is weakened & more susceptible to that condition again if not careful.... good luck to the OP
Looks like a person could saw the tube somewhere out in the middle, set the bucket down on a flat surface to realign and then weld some angle irons or anything across the cut to tie the two sides back together.

/ How to level front end loader arms #29  
Are you sure? Have you measured them? Very, very, very few tires are the size they claim.

So, with Jeep sitting on the floor, stand a tape measure beside one of the tires and tell us how tall it is. :)

/ How to level front end loader arms #30  
I'm surprised to see the size in inches thinking most tires are listed with at least the width in metric.
Most oversized tires are measured in inches rather than metric. The tires on my buggy are 43x14.50x20.