How to make a 12' to 15' light post?

/ How to make a 12' to 15' light post? #11  
Fencing posts might not be a bad idea. A friend of mine and I built a little league diamond and we used something like that for the backstops. They had nice caps available, too.
As I recall, we got ours from a fence company that would give the little league a discount. I'd start looking at a fence company, not box stores.

/ How to make a 12' to 15' light post? #13  
Those lights are nearly four foot long and probably stuffed with batteries. I think you'll need utility poles.

/ How to make a 12' to 15' light post? #14  
Listing says:

Item Weight​
‎17.96 pounds
Package Dimensions​
‎31 x 16.7 x 6.3 inches

The post is another 20" though>

71cwLmM2GeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

/ How to make a 12' to 15' light post? #16  
ive never had luck with any solar light working past a year or two. my arena lights are 1000 w metal halide. i simply purchased 4 25' treated utility poles from a local company. they are wood, and back then about 1/3 rd the cost of steel. today a steel light standard would need a loan. prices are out of the world.

Untitled.jpg

/ How to make a 12' to 15' light post? #17  
do a google search

post and pole (in your state or location)

/ How to make a 12' to 15' light post? #18  
We have many solar lights, get for not having to run electric lines and they put out a nice bright light. When they quit working usually it is just a matter of replacing the battery. Some are over 10 years old and still going strong, just not with the OEM battery.

/ How to make a 12' to 15' light post? #19  
You could do like the local county park guys did a few years ago. Several park entrances were graced by a very nicely warped like a boomerang stack of 2x6's, stacked, nailed together, and installed, with a nice street light at the top. After about 2 yrs the light at the top was about 10ft off the ground, warped over, on a 20ft pole. Apparently couldn't get good help at the time.

/ How to make a 12' to 15' light post? #20  
two things come to mind

1. Our local power company gives poles away. When they replace poles, if you are the property owner you can request they be left. Alot of people dont want them but think they can make a buck so they sell them on c-list or market place. But the ones they take back to the yard....are free they just ask for a donation. Maybe things have changed....but thats how its always been.

2. TV antenna tower. The triangle 3-leg kind. They are pretty rigid. But with alot of people going to cable/dish/streaming..not many people use the towers anymore but they also dont take the time and/or pay someone to remove them. Drive around your neighborhood. See if anyone as a tower they arent using and offer to remove.