How to prime injector pump on a JD 310a

/ How to prime injector pump on a JD 310a #1  

moonjaw2002

Tractor
John Deere 310a
First time i have run out of fuel on my backhoe and need to find out how to prime pump.I have been pushing snow for three days and forgot to fill my tank this morning.
The engine is a JD4219D.I have a fuel pump and fuel in my fuel filter bowl.When i crack the screw on top of the fuel filter i have pressure and fuel squirts out.Thanks for any help.Mark

/ How to prime injector pump on a JD 310a #2  
Some diesel engines are more difficult to get started after running out of fuel than others. I think there is a bleed screw on inj pump that I would loosen and bleed any air out of inj pump. Then if it won't start,I'd loosen the lines at injectors andcrank till fuel squirts out. After fuel squirts out,tighten FL nuts and it should fire off.

CAUTION keep fingers away from squirting fuel as psi can inject fuel under your skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ How to prime injector pump on a JD 310a
Thanks Jim,i planned on doing that today.I have looked the pump over and do not see any bleed screw.I went on deere's web site and looked the pump up in the parts breakdown.Mark

/ How to prime injector pump on a JD 310a #4  
If there's no bled screw then loosen fuel supply line at the pump to get air out.

/ How to prime injector pump on a JD 310a #5  
If all else fails, hit her with some starting fluid/ether.
I have had to do this a couple of times before I realized that my brother's tractor had a bad fuel gauge. I hate doing it, but it worked both times.

Good Luck.