How to put a rear remote on an old tractor

/ How to put a rear remote on an old tractor #1  

super55

Platinum Member
Tractor
Oliver Super55, John Deere 4310, John Deere 4400, Kubota L2500 (had),
Oliver Hydraulic image.jpgIMG_8047b.jpgI been wanting to put a rear remote on my old oliver Super 55. I don't need high flow just enough to move a cylinder for a sickle bar or maybe a hydraulic top link. My current configuration is what is in figure 10-60. Been trying to find a valve body as in figure 10-62 and have had no luck what so ever.

View attachment 364325

Is this valve body necessary if I purchase a remote valve?

1 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB11G5C1 DA FLOAT VALVE

Could the pipe plugs (fig 10-60) be used as a source for the supply and return from the hydraulic housing or does it need to come from the oil passage cover?

I found a pic online of what appears to be a custom built valve body but I don't have the machine tools to even attempt something like that. Would business that specializes in hydraulics be able to fabricate one if it is needed?
View attachment 364327

Is there any way to go about this without a valve body is the simple question I have to a long thread.

Last edited:
   / How to put a rear remote on an old tractor #2  
Can't get any of your attachments to open - can you check the allowed attachments, and try again? Steve

/ How to put a rear remote on an old tractor
Sorry about that. I think I got it now.

/ How to put a rear remote on an old tractor #4  
Where do the 2 hoses go in your photo? I think one should be able to insert a hyd spool valve(open center) in the pressure hose(in series) and be just fine to operate a cylinder.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 783
Where do the 2 hoses go in your photo? I think one should be able to insert a hyd spool valve(open center) in the pressure hose(in series) and be just fine to operate a cylinder.

Mine looks exactly like the first photo in the manual diagram.

The is a pic that you are referring to I found on another tractor forum where a guy was at a tractor show and seen this as the valve body which he thought was possibly fabricated.

I'm trying to figure out if I will need a part like that to make a rear remote possible or is there some way I can make it work with what my tractor already has by using existing drain plugs or by possibly drill and tapping.

/ How to put a rear remote on an old tractor #6  
Sorry I misunderstood your question. Rd part in photo looks similar to power beyond fixture. I'm no knowledgeable enough on Oliver hyd's to testify about drilling & taping your tractors hyd system.

/ How to put a rear remote on an old tractor #7  
What link are you looking at that actually WORKS? I'm still getting "invalid attachment" msgs on both... Steve

/ How to put a rear remote on an old tractor #8  
Can you determine which hose on the pump is the pressure hose and if it is going to the 3pt?

You can add a spool valve with PB in series with the flow path.

If all that is to hard, you can add a fan belt 3000 psi , 3 GPM hyd pump for about $150.00 and power a rear remote with several spools or a front loader.

A hyd pump like that powers all my steering and lifting.

It is a small pump with about a 4 to 6 in pulley, and mounts similar to an alternator.

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydrau...-194-cu-in-BARNES-1003044-HYD-PUMP-9-4199.axd

Attachments

• steering and lift pump 1445.jpg
    steering and lift pump 1445.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 458
Thanks for other option JJ.

I read my shop manual and re-read it again looking for some way I could get a remote added and without the factory add on or building a valve block this might be my best option going with a pulley pump.

I found this kit online for power steering is this something along the lines you built and than just tapped into it for a rear remote?

Jackson Power Steering | Archive | Steering Components

/ How to put a rear remote on an old tractor #10  
If you'd really prefer an OEM valve, you may want to open this link to TractorHouse. http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/dismantledsearch.aspx?ETID=3&Manu=OLIVER&Mdltxt=SUPER+55&mdlx=exact It's a list of 13, Super 55's in salvage yards. Could be possible one of them has what you are looking for.

You can also post a free "want to buy" ad though TractorHouse. Used Tractors For Sale at TractorHouse.com: John Deere Tractors, used farm tractors and farm equipment, tractors for sale, Case IH, New Holland, Agco, Kubota Look in the red menu at top left, it is the third item down. You'll need to register, and give some contact info. If anyone has one, you'll normally hear back from them in 36-48 hrs. And I've found it best to wait those 48 hrs., and get all responses. Prices can vary a bit.

Thought I'd post this, if you've never tried it. I've had very good results using it for hard to find items.