How to Recover a Lost Submersible Well Pump

/ How to Recover a Lost Submersible Well Pump #221  
   / How to Recover a Lost Submersible Well Pump #222  
Bet you got a nice tractor.

Just a JD rider mower but it gets used heaviley dragging firewood around my "wood yard" I used to cut 10-12 cord a year but being 87 now that is slowing down. I have had to cut all be one off my customer list and will be limiting his order this year.

/ How to Recover a Lost Submersible Well Pump #223  
Yes!
See post #126 on page 13 and post #144 or page 15.
Thanks for asking!

The excavation's been backfilled for a few months now. I'm waiting for spring to regrade and spread some seed.
I also installed a hydrant at the well head for easier access to water in the field.

View attachment 779161 View attachment 779162

Not sure what to do with the 21 lengths of 1 1/4" treaded PVC pipe though. I'll try selling the brass couplers or scrap them if there are no takers. Otherwise, the old pump and pipe will likely wind up in the dumpster.

View attachment 779163

Thanks again to all who offered ideas & moral support!
AWESOME! Really happy to know you got it all fixed. That hydrant next to the well is a great idea!

/ How to Recover a Lost Submersible Well Pump #224  
AWESOME! Really happy to know you got it all fixed. That hydrant next to the well is a great idea!
Yep, I asked for one when they installed my well. I also asked for a 110 outlet there. That has gotten quit a bit of use.

/ How to Recover a Lost Submersible Well Pump
The snow has melted off here, exposing the 21 - 20' lengths of 1 1/4" PVC pipe pulled from the well. Any suggestions on what to do with them? The old pump is going in the dumpster but, considering the cost of PVC lately, I hate to chuck the pipe as well. Our local recycling center won't take PVC so that isn't an option

I sometimes use PVC pipe to make racks & shelving frames but this pipe appears to be an odd size that won't fit standard PVC fittings. The ends are threaded but won't help if the pipe is cut. I'm also not sure if ordinary PVC cement will work.

IMG_002519a.jpg
IMG_002520a.jpg

I suppose they could be used as conduit or an underground water line but I have no projects going that require it.

Any ideas?

/ How to Recover a Lost Submersible Well Pump #226  
Put it out by the street with a sign $5.00 per length. It will be gone by morning.

1676134981344.png

/ How to Recover a Lost Submersible Well Pump #227  
It might be heavier duty than the standard SCH 40 or 80 pipe, e.g. 120. Probably worth keeping, but it needs to be out of sunlight for longevity.

All the best, Peter