How to remove this fuel filter?

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #1  

ning

Elite Member
Tractor
Branson 3520h
I'm guessing the textured ring is unscrewed - is there a tool for this or do I just grab it with some channel-lock pliers?
PXL_20210906_013647932.jpg

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #2  
Unscrew the silver ring. But, turn the valve lever to off first.

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #4  
It was more than finger tight. Is there a tool for it?
It does not appear to have any spanner connections so I would give it a bit of light pressure with Channel Locks or a small strap wrench.

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #5  
It was more than finger tight. Is there a tool for it?
Spanner

or, if you're careful, Gripping Pliers / Filter Pliers

/ How to remove this fuel filter?
Spanner

or, if you're careful, Gripping Pliers / Filter Pliers

Thanks! I'll try a light grip maybe with some tape on the jaws with my channel locks and then if that fails I'll look for that spanner. Reminds me of a bottom bracket lock ring tool for older bicycles...

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #7  
Thanks! I'll try a light grip maybe with some tape on the jaws with my channel locks and then if that fails I'll look for that spanner. Reminds me of a bottom bracket lock ring tool for older bicycles...
Using a rag works as well. Main thing it not to squeeze too hard.

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #8  
Oh it will be tight. Very tight! I just took mine out a month or so ago and had to use a pair of channel locks.

I will actually recommend that you take the entire assembly of the tractor, hold it on a vise and do it that way just this time. You have to do it again, since you're not going to get that thing tight like they did from factory.

With the filter housing in place, the hoses get in the way of the channel locks and it's very hard to grab the right without damaging the ring.

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #9  
I have always had good luck using a flathead screwdriver and a hammer. Put the screwdriver against one of the notches and tap the handle of the screwdriver with the hammer.

/ How to remove this fuel filter? #10  
Definitely some type of small strap wrench. Most anything else - - the hoses are in the way and could be damaged or the elbows could be damaged.