Ballast How to take off ballast box on BX2380

/ How to take off ballast box on BX2380 #11  
Before you do, look at pulling a cotter pin and try disconnecting. That way you don't have to mess with adjustment of the turnbuckles.

Yep, that is what I was trying to say! :drink:

/ How to take off ballast box on BX2380 #12  
There is no need to constantly scold people here. You were smart enough to understand what he meant. Let it go.
Jeff was just putting everyone on the same page, don稚 think it was scolding at all.

/ How to take off ballast box on BX2380 #13  
OP, if you are changing implements frequently, consider a set of telescoping stabilizers. They replace the turnbuckles, and are much more user-friendly, as they only require pulling a pin to switch from stabilizing to adjusting/removing.

Mark Hodge, a member of this forum, makes an excellent product for the BX series.

/ How to take off ballast box on BX2380 #14  
At least OP didn't get the: "You need to post your location!!" scold. :rolleyes: (Perhaps cold (is it frozen?), heat, humidity, sea salt corrosion, etc... effects the answer!!)

Even if the stabilizers are loose and should allow the sidearms :) to swing free, a quick study shows they swing horizontally in a (slight) arc; whereas the sidearm needs to come off the attachment pin perpendicularly. This can be a problem.
Most of the time this arc is insignificant with light attachments that can wiggle on the ground. If sidearm can't swing along its arc it will bind on the attachment pin.
Sometimes the answer is a big hammer, or a swift kick, that moves the attachment (or the tractor) allowing the swing to continue.
Other times, with an attachment that is too heavy to "wiggle", having two people, one to very slightly move the tractor, unbinding the connection to the pin, as the other pulls, allows the swing to continue.
:2cents:

/ How to take off ballast box on BX2380 #15  
An easy and cheap way to take the ballast box off on a concrete or hard surface is to pick up a movers dolly at Harbor Freight for $10 or so. I built a 2X4 frame and screwed it to the dolly. Just drop it on the dolly and unhook. Easy to move out of the way

/ How to take off ballast box on BX2380 #16  
OP, if you are changing implements frequently, consider a set of telescoping stabilizers. They replace the turnbuckles, and are much more user-friendly, as they only require pulling a pin to switch from stabilizing to adjusting/removing.

Mark Hodge, a member of this forum, makes an excellent product for the BX series.
I have a pair... they make life simpler. Work great and good quality. Looking for a link here for reference but can't seem to find one.

/ How to take off ballast box on BX2380 #18  
Stabilworks

I have a pair on my '24. Exceptional.

[edit] Meant to hit the "quote" button. 'Eggs, no disrespect intended :(

Z.
That's them! Thanks for posting... btw, Eggs and Eggy were my nicknames growing up. You brought back some memories! :thumbsup:

/ How to take off ballast box on BX2380 #19  
IMG_0669.JPG

Got a pair of generic telescoping stabilizers to replace the turnbuckles on B26 from eBay. Had to modify to work. Much stronger and easier than turnbuckles. Used extra parts to adapt leveling box to lower link and got rid of another troublesome turnbuckle. If you change implements frequently or do grade work it is so much better.

/ How to take off ballast box on BX2380 #20  
I use a lump hammer to persuade the arms to move out, they go on easier than they come off.