How to tap into propane (iron pipe) line

/ How to tap into propane (iron pipe) line #61  
Plumbers should be forbiden to work on anything past the gas stop valve or electric disconnect. They aren't trained so I don't understand why they are alowed to mess with it. My solution for those old booming appliances was extend the standing pilot accross all burners or larger than usual singles. I once did a furnace for a church that had paid multiple plumbers an absured amount of money trying to stop a furnace booming.
Do you remember the old diaphragm gas valves with the bi-metal safeties ? I lost a few eyebrows with those when I first started service work in the late 70's

/ How to tap into propane (iron pipe) line #62  
Do you remember the old diaphragm gas valves with the bi-metal safeties ? I lost a few eyebrows with those when I first started service work in the late 70's
In the old days you could tell whether they serviced gas boilers and appliances or installed ductwork. Ducts were all metal and tech's arms and hands looked like they had been in a knife fight. Hair on gas servicemens' face and arms was singed. Now and agin one's face looked like blackface make-up from messing with a sooted up heat exchanger.