How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe?

/ How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe? #1  

davrow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27HST
I need some 18" drainage pipe, which comes in 20 foot lengths. Biggest trailer my car will handle is 12 feet.

Any suggestions on how to get these home?

Thanks

/ How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe? #2  
Sounds like you don't own a pickup. You could rent a long trailer and if your car won't haul it you could rent a truck. Take that amount of money and compare it to a delivery charge. Then go which ever way is a combination of more convenient and cheaper. I suspect it will end up being paying for delivery.

/ How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe? #3  
I brought two plastic ones home on the rack on top of my 3/4 van...

/ How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe? #4  
Or let it hang out in front two feet on the hitch and 4 foot on the back. Secure it, include a 10 long 2x12 that hangs out of the trailer 3 feet. Secure the 2x12 with a few screws or lags to the trailer. Secure the pipe to the trailer and 2x12, and Bob's your uncle.

/ How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe? #5  
Rigid or flexible? How flexible?

1. Have it delivered.

2. See about borrowing a friend's boat trailer. (light and long)

3. From your car's roof rack to the top of a covered trailer.

4. Rent a truck and maybe a trailer.

5. Friend's truck

Bruce

/ How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe? #6  
Boat trailer is an excellent idea!

/ How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe? #7  
I would not suggest it, but I once saw a guy haul a piece of 35' steel under a Suburban. He had it sticking out the fry and back about 10'. Just used ratchet straps from the hitch and front tow hooks.

Chris

/ How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe? #8  
You could always cut them in half and put them back together with couplers. Also, lowes or home depot rent pickup trucks. I drug 2 20' sticks of 15" pipe home over the cab of the truck. Just used ratchet straps to hold them down.

/ How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe? #9  
I need some 18" drainage pipe, which comes in 20 foot lengths. Biggest trailer my car will handle is 12 feet.

Any suggestions on how to get these home?

Thanks

I am assuming it is the plastic stuff. I hauled a 20' piece of 15" on a trailer with a 10' bed but the trailer had 18" sidewalls so the ends curved up a little bit and hung over each end. No problem.

/ How to transport 20 foot drainage pipe? #10  
Cut it up into five 4' pieces and make 5 trips.
Hire two undocumenteds to walk it home for you.
Put each end into the trunks of two of your cars and drive home slowly (with the following car in reverse and your best driver in it).
Buy some cheap clamp on wheels. Put them on one end and the other in your trunk or tied with baler twine to your rear window wiper.
Build a box on your existing trailer so that the overhang goes above the roof of you car. Careful of not breaking the front axle.
Flatten it out and fold it up into a California Approved Green box. Seal the ends and reinflate it with your air compressor, a fire extinguisher, or some starting fluid and a match.
Buy a 24' pipe and fold it in half to fit on your 12' trailer. Stomp on it to reshape it and cut off the unused part.
If its (lightweight) plastic pipe, rent two drones to fly it home.
A couple of Birthday balloons may be all it takes, too.

Happy trails !!